How did the JW come up with the idea that human has no soul or spirit??

by FingersCrossed 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Bu2B, no that is not true; but one shouldn't base this on the Bible as if it is a text book explaining the process by ones in the know.

How would Paul know such things?

Immortal soul means it never dies. Of course the soul dies when people die. But if it didnt' no one knows what happens after it.

The Bible gives to possiblities.

The physical body being remade and the emotions and memory etc being put back in.

or the emotions, memory, etc being made alive in a spirit, non-material form. That has been termed Heaven because it is non-material just as outside earth's atmosphere is non-material. But how could such a thing exist and why would one want it if one does not know how it exists?

I don't understand this whole concept of wanting to go to heaven, when one has no experience with it, other than to be with Jesus.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I don't understand this whole concept of wanting to go to heaven, when one has no experience with it...

I don't understand this whole concept of wanting to live forever on Earth, when one has no experience with it.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Rattigan350*** I don't understand this whole concept of wanting to go to heaven, ****

John 3

You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit [b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You [c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” [d]

1 Corinthians 2

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit

Ephesians 1

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he [b] predestined us for adoption to sonship [c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemptionthrough his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he [d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit