Why are Ex-JW's not more effective in slaying the Watchtower monster?

by Terry 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey man, lay of those sideburns...

mine, by the way, are magnificent.

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Only a few former Jehovah's Witnesses have what it takes to make a difference.

Actually, only a few have the right to try and make a difference. let me use myself as an example...

I was never abused by a nazi JW father, never beaten by a pshyco JW mother. Never had an elder treat me badly, nor hurt my family. I didn't wake up and look behind the curtain, I didnt leave for 'noble' reasons either.

All I had was a mid life crises. I had no idea what was happening and the poor wife had even less idea. I and the Elders were poorly equipped to deal with it save for the advice to study more and pray harder. I had my demons to conquer and i didnt. it was not the easy way out, it was bloody hard and blew my life apart as surely as thse who looked behind the curtain and saw the truth about the truth. I was never shunned by family, all i lost besides material things and a family was all my so called friends.

I was disfellowshipped for deliberate cold calculated adultery to end my by now unsalvagable marriage and to free the wife to find love again.

I have long thought about waging some battle against the WT over child abuse or shunning, or taking the message to the steets and even a campaign to wake up current JWs, but you know what?

I HAVE NO CREDIBILITY

Who am I to be interveiwed on sixty minutes as some person of substance? Who am I to organize a massive rally out the front of Bethel? Who am I to print and distribute the real facts about the WT?

I am nobody, and sorry to say, many of us are nobody when it comes to slaying the Watchtower monster. All a lot of us are is shmucks who screwed someone we shouldn't have or smoked a ciggy.

I can see it now, ''Mr Oz, just how have you come to lead this army of ex JWs against the Watchtower organization"? "Well, mr reporter, see i just rooted some bird to end my marriage and then 12 years later realized my religion that i got kicked of or 10 years ago was a crock of shit, so..."

(well, talk about just putting it all in perspective for myself!)

See what I mean? Not many of us can fight the monster, all we can do is be indignant that it stole some time. And sometimes that just makes us angry and want to throw things at them.

Oz

• Fernando
    Fernando

Excellent points Terry!

Personally I like it more this way: " Only a few former Jehovah's Witnesses [know what to do and] have what it takes to make a [big] difference [on a big scale - such as bringing and end to the Watchtower]."

I feel every ex JW can make, has made, and does make a difference in their lives and in the lives of those around them - albeit to differing degrees and in diferent ways.

Just by posting here we create a community where the formerly voiceless can speak, and question with much more freedom than before - on a whole range of issues - without ending up in a star chamber Judging Committee session.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I HAVE NO CREDIBILITY

Who am I to be interveiwed on sixty minutes as some person of substance? Who am I to organize a massive rally out the front of Bethel? Who am I to print and distribute the real facts about the WT?

I too was not abused and for a lot of my time being in the WT gave me more confidence and belief in myself to do things I would probably not have done if I had never joined.

That being said, I still distribute postcards and talk about my JW time whenever I get the opportunity. I feel impelled to warn people about them because even though some good came out of my joining IT WAS ALL STILL A LIE!

Knowing it is a lie is enough reason to try to bring them down. IMO

• cedars
    cedars

Terry

Ex-JW's are divided and easily conquered.

So, without a boiler plate Mission Statement one wonders (as the English say) what it is all in aid of.

Without revealing too much, changes are afoot.

Cedars

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

That's some tease, Cedars. I hope you are correct.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

In the Bible, the WTS is the lamb-dragon beast and the "false prophet." The 666-beast is trinity-believing Christendom. The Bible says that both would be thrown into the lake of fire "while still alive" and thus while still active religious entities.

The only person who has the power to destroy the WTS Biblically, is Jesus Christ. JC exposes the false teachings of the WTS with the truth. Many XJWs substitute one false prophet with others, such as CO Jonssson.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Come on then Lord Lars, slay this WT beast.

• Hermano
    Hermano

We need to redefine the meaning of success.

If you plant a seed in the mind of a JW you have been successful. If you inform a co-worker or neighbor or friend about the dangers of the Watchtower, you have been successful. If you establish rapport with a loved one who is trapped inside you have been successful.

If we slow their already deteriorating growth rate, just a little bit, we have been successful. If we can ensure the media presents the hurtful side of the Watchtower –not just the innocuous side- we have been successful.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Because many of us still have a lot to lose with family being in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit