I am like Dr. Leo Marvin in "What about Bob"

by NVR2L8 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

What about Bob is hilarious.

NVR2L8, what would happen if you just focus on having fun with your family and creating happy memories? What would you be doing with them if there was no WTS?

I think we tend to focus too much on the WTS and give it more importance than it merits. (Easier said than done, I know.) My experience is what I focus on expands.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Moshe, nobody wants to lose those they love...and I already took that risk by leaving the cult. I now can be myself because I am no longer under the control of the WT and not because I am free from my family...Because I no longer believe what they believe doesn't change how much I love them. I know that's not how they feel right now...but I have nothing to lose by continuing to love them regardless.

Hermano, I do...bought her the larger home she really wanted. Travel abroad every year...at least once. She never had to go to work outside of home and we always had more than enough to live. Although they love all I do for and with them, they have a hard time getting over the fact I left the truth. It's like this comment we use to say about some neighbors: they are such nice people, all they are missing is the truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit