History of JWN

by El_Guapo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Hi Guys,

I was going through some old threads (love this site) and I came across someone mentioning in a post that this site started as gathering place for JW's and somehow became an "apostate" site. LOL (hate that word)

I think that is so awesome, the info that I have learned on this site, jwfacts, and jwstruggle have been essential in my doubting/fading from the Watchtower.

Can anyone clue me in on how the "tide turned" to make JWN what is today?

• minimus
    minimus

Simon owns the site. He was a good little JW and went "apostate" types expressed negative stuff about the JWs, he admonished them....and then the light came on and history was made.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Simon started the forum in 2000 because he had questions about Watchtower doctrine and the answers he was receiving back then were unclear, unsatisfying, or even absent. He was still a JW in good standing then. More like-minded people who had questions or doubts joined on, and pretty soon it becamse clear to the earliest posters including Simon that there were no good answers to some of the questions about the WTS.

Some really good and thoughtful posters joined and put up some very detailed and convincing discussion of Watchtower-related issues. Before I joined in early 2001, it was clear that this website was primarily critical of the Watchtower Society, and this site confirmed a lot of the doubts I had plus added a few new ones. Then in years shortly after, the UN/NGO scandal broke primarily on this website and this was the last straw for a lot of doubters who had been lurking at this site. Also there was a lot of discussion in 2002 about the pedophilia scandal which broke on news programs in several countries including the USA, Britain and Australia. (It was Dateline NBC in the USA.)

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

probably looking for the truth.. with out boundries.. and a willingness to accept that truth no matter the preconcieved notions..

that being said, if you look hard enough you will find the truth

• cedars
    cedars

Some of the best things come out of Manchester.

Manchester

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Maybe we should just ask Simon.

I'm just sayin' is all!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Simon did post a series, and Minimus must resurrected part 5 of the history of this site.

Enjoy: http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/180139/1/My-life-and-how-JWD-came-to-be-Part-5

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hope that answers some questions in Simon's own words

Links removed. See below for links that work

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I can't open them alas :(

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I never knew Simon's surname was Green.

I have a cousin Simon Green and Uncles called Richard Green and Victor Green and an aunt Ruth Green!!

I am pretty sure we are not related though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit