Confrontation of the city bus with witness

by perfect1 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• perfect1
    perfect1

punk of nice, I agree, that was an odd way to end the conversation. I never hear witnesses say anything about Jesus Cristo, I thought maybe it was a last ditch effort to appeal to the potentially Catholic Hispanic woman a few rows back.

:)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

perfect1 - ....and all the while he's counting 'time(TM)'.

He'll be on the next CONvention or a$$embĀ£y recounting this 'experience(TM)' of how he 'boldly declared(TM)' the WBT$ crap despite 'apostate(TM)' 'presecution(TM)' and the whole bus converted to the cult immediately.

I'm feeling angry for you and I wasn't even there.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Yes Punk- I thought about asking him how much time he still needs to get in this month. Just writing about it is making me recall it in my belly.

You know, it occurred to me, finally, as if I had never been a JW just how arrogant and intrusive it is to convert people- you have to assume so much- assume they are not happy, assume they have no good qualities, no faith, no life experience- no internet to google the Jehovahs Witnesses. They lead people into manipulative conversations, and most people, most people are too polite to be rude.

As an adult with my own faith and worldview- I would never, ever disrespect another person by imposing that on them and trying to get them to be like me, even if I did believe it might help them.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Thanks Data DOg!

I am not sure I really WANT to do it again, but if the opportunity comes up- its JWN and all of you guys whohave helped prepare me! I mean- when I called the org a cult- and he wanted to define cult for me, I had the whole BITE model ready as ammunition (we didnt get that far).

I wouldnt have known about the Losch talk without Cedars, and without that it could just be considered an incident of dissing higher ed rather than an organization wide policy.

I picked higher ed because the bus I was on loops through a neighborhood with lots of Ivy League students- some of whom were on the bus.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Robert, I am sorry about your mom. It is such a shame to waste all the valuable training of a doctor- also think of all the people she could help.

Your story, my story- we are drops in a bucket of an ocean of suffering and human misery and WASTE which has been caused by the delusional lies of a greedy corporation.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Perfect!- I just want to say that I am really proud of you. Sometimes it's easier to keep silent, but you chose to speak up!!!

And I can imagine under those circumstances how fast your heart must have been beating. You did great!!! I'm laughing about the BITE model! I carry a printout of it with me at all times!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

perfect1 - Yes. The worldview of a JW is that everything revolves around them and/or the WBT$. They will recount experiences how a 'grand witness(TM)' was given at the build of a KH as people came to look and offered the 'brothers(TM)' tea or whatever.

What they don't realize is that the 'worldly(TM)' that are showing the JWs how good the 'world(TM)' is. Not how good the WBT$ is.

Don't let it get to you. As a friend of mine once said: 'You can't argue with a sick mind so don't try!'

The WBT$ creates sick minds.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Thanks RIP! Yep my heart was pounding- and if any one had tried to jump or mug me for at least an hour afterwards I am sure they would have been badly injured.

Adrenaline is crazy.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Yep, Punk- I am familiar with the silly way of thinking- its all self confirming. At which point you can ask- does anything indicate you are NOT the center of the Universe.

And as far as letting it get to me and arguing with sick minds:

I would say in my time in JWN I have definitely been evolving towards letting it get to me, and arguing. The reason being that before signifigant life events I was a little ignorant of how my my family REALLY felt about me as a non JW. My attitude used to be- that I had moved on- and JWs were silly, even pesky- the religion was not on my mind much at all- I mean- its not true- so who cares. However, I think I had not realized how much the religion influenced my worldview- attitudes, and even behaviors even though I thought I left it all behind. Also, I was carrying deep, deep pain over how I was treated which I tried to move on from but kept popping up as anxiety or depression.

So, since being on JWN- the process has been one of reopening some old wounds, an airing things out, and finally I am ready to get my hands dirty. I am sure in time I will be in a place where it doesnt get to me- but seems in the past 6 months I have been processing a good deal of trauma and grief from the abuse, neglect, and shunning I experienced after I left- at a younger age.

I am just getting to the point where though it is extremely personal- its also about other people- and if someone wants to give a WITNESS I can sure Give my WITNESS to my f-ing life story.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Awesome exit perfect1!! How did your V date go?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit