Why the disrespect for Jesus?

by MavMan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MavMan
    MavMan

Now I understand completely that most in this forum are 100% against JWs and the Watchtower.

What I don't understand is the disrespect that has been shown for such a sacred occasion that is the memorial (Last Supper). Whether you agree with JWs or not, the fact is that the Last Supper has a lot of meaning for Christians. If you are a Christian then you know that Jesus did sacrifice his life for us and it shows respect and love to him to remember that meaningful occasion when he passed out the bread and wine.
    It makes me very sad to see the ridiculing that is going around about this special event.

It makes me very sad to see the rediculing that is going around about this special event.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Shut it whore.

• Francois
    Francois

Learn to spell.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the negativity reflect peoples experiences with the religion and the hypocrisy.

Why should we respect their occasion when they show so little respect for peoples lives & families?

If you are a Christian then you know that Jesus did sacrifice his life for us
    I know that the Roman Church had a book written which had a story (full of holes) about a guy ... it doesn't mean it happened though.

Naeblis: I understand the reason for your post but it makes my job difficult when people post comments like that so I'd appreciate it if you didn't.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mav, Jesus said.......as often as you remember do this. It doesn't have to be just one day a year.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • MavMan
    MavMan

Simon:

I don't think it's about respecting the JW occasion, but a Biblical occasion that shows respect for what Jesus did.

Lilacs:

I see your point, but it does not erase the fact that remembering Jesus on the day that he had that special moment is a show of respect towards him.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

You don't seem to mind your difficult job when yoyoma is playing his games. Yet he is still here. Odd.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Mavman,

I think the Power that may have been responsible for existence would be insulted by the idea that he made his son suffer and die just so he could forgive humans for something he set up with a devil. This was the same thing that the bible god said had never entered his mind, the sacrificing of humans to a god. It just doesn't jive with me. I may go to the memorial tonight to see who is there that I knew in the past and remind me of how fortunate I am to be away from all that BS.

• bakedcanuck
  • TheStar
    TheStar

Mavman,

What you fail to understand is that TRUE christians are all a part of the body of Christ. The JWS say it is only 144,000, this is wrong.
    Why would a True Christian want to go to a celebration that discourages them from partaking in the body of Christ?

Secondly, Do the math and you will see that Nisan 14 was yesterday not today. The whole thing is wrong, why would any Christian want to participate in something Jesus would NOT approve of?

"We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel... There should be full liberty of conscience." -- WT April 1, 1920, p. 100, 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit