Divorce Cases Could Soon Be Settled Under Sharia Law In Britain After Landmark Legal Ruling

by Bangalore 16 Replies latest social current

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Dear Aguest, Asalamu alaykum

What school of Islam do you do you agree is most close to the Prophet? The Sunni or Shite faith? I would like to know before we discuss "Talak" and "Khula", you used the word "Khulu", is that the same theoretical concept as "Khula" or the same?

How much on average must a female pay her husband for the humiliation of a divorce by Khula? How easy is it to obtain a divorce from your husband if you need his "Financial Support but you tire of him beating you, or having too many "three day wives" allowed by the Quran? How many sects are involved in Islam, when I studied it seemed there are hundreds if not thousands of variations depending on your location. Do you belive Mohammed was the great prophet sent by God?

The links you provide are sanatized by people afraid of telling the truth. They are akin to the Watchtower Society writing their own information and facts to avoid any negative response.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace, shalom, and salamu alaykum to you, truly, dear Arabian Trees. As I stated, you quite possibly know more than I do... and I could be wrong. Hence, I stated that the sites APPEARED to state differently than you... and asked you, most respectfully IMHO, to clarify. Somehow, I don't perceive that your comments above are attempts to actually clarify so much as to chastise me for daring to present a potentially constrasting POV.

I don't ascribe to either Sunni or Shiite, dear one, as while Abraham/Ibrahim is MY father, also, I am a son of Isaac, not Ishmael. Even so, I understand that (1) divorce being a think most disturbing and unwanted by my God, the God of Abraham, (2) men of both sons... Ishmael AND Isaac... have abused and misused the provisions that allow for it. And what they HAVE done... and do... is indeed wrong. I am in agreement with you on this.

You, though, stated that women are not allowed to divorce in a thread where the topic of divorce was, I thought, pursuant to the tenets of Sharia law. And while men may disregard that law (as many do, both men and women... under the circumstance of divorce), I shared with you what I found regarding Sharia law.

Now, I do not personally know the difference between "khula" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khula) or "khulu" (http://app.syariahcourt.gov.sg/syariah/front-end/TypeOfDivorce_Khulu_E.aspx), except that perhaps one court (which calls itself "Syraiah", which I am thinking is the same as "sharia" but simply spelled differently, as words that refer to the same things often are in this world), uses the latter ("khulu"). So, again, please... if you would... perhaps clarify for us who do NOT know... why what you state IS different, apparently, from what that law says... rather than just chastisingly asking me which form of Islam I ascribe to? Because I really did want to know.

Again, peace, shalom, and asalamu alaykum to you!

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Dear Aguest,

I was not trying to chastise you or trick you, I have repeatedly written how much I respect you and the positions you take on matters regarding various subjects, that's a fact you can't deny.

My purpose in writing you in this style was to ascertain which areas of the system of Islamic Jurisprudence you might be familiar with. Different regions provide might provide a fairer hearing to a woman, as opposed to other power areas of women who reach out to their clerics asking for help to obtain a "Khufa". I was wrong to state it woman can't get a divorce because of the ability of women with finanical means, are a tiny fraction who can avail themselves to permitt their husbands to avoid paying support as commanded by the Quran.

The Khufa is more complicated than the pages on Wiki and "Pro Islamic" websites make this accomadation out to be. The female must renouce all financial payments (child support, spousal support and possible gains they might be entited to via a business venture if she abandons her husband). The Khufa arrangement was never met to be a fair and equitable arrangement, it bestoys a tiny bit of dignity to a rich muslim woman.

The Male in the world of Islam has always been held on the highest esteem, if females had the same use of the "Talak" I do not think they would use it to the extent, the men are able to get away with it. The females are not the financial (money makers) usually but do contribute their support. There is some justice with women being allowed to keep their inheritance from their fathers side of the family, no husband should be able to steal her land or money and divorce according to tradition.

www.amazon.com/Muslim-women-Problems-and-prospects/dp/8185880042/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361161599&sr=8-1&keywords=Muslim+Women+problems

Front Cover

This book here deals with the Socio-Economic issues of the Muslim women in India, it goes into details involving "Talak", "Khufa" and "mubarat"(mutual consent divorce). It's not easy or cheap for females to enjoy the rights of men receive as their "just inheritance from Allah".

I did not try to insult you or trick you, when I ask questions I am trying to ascertain what region you are from so we could discuss the various social or societal norms where you are. In England and Saudi Arabia, access to Khufa is much easier than a female from the Sudan or Pakistan. I use to speak on Skype with a young student from Pakistan on Pal-talk, I enjoyed talking with him and he the same with me, we both moved on because he was going to work in Asia and I never heard back from him. He enjoyed discussing and arguing the Bible and I learned from him by talking and researching the Quran, I would use mostly unbiased books because you can't have dialogue if you anger your audience.

I hope this explains why I approached you from a different angle, and explained why it's very hard in poor countries to have a fair chance at getting out of bad marriage. The Quran, The Hebrew Scriputres and Greek Scriptures all speak of the blessings and sanctity a marriage should have between the husband and wife, we are all imperfect so to some the blessing turns into a curse or maladiction and the sanctify is defiled.

Please forgive me if I came off as different than normal, I meant no disrespect or evil to you.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

My understanding of UK law is that a person cannot be held to an agreement they have entered into under duress or without full understanding. In effect, if a woman agrees to be bound by Sharia, she has chosen the framework. I can see that some may be culturally forced into agreeing but I'm not sure using the law to force cultural and religious traditions like this one to change is the best way to achieve progress.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not going to happen!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Absolutely NO worries, dear AA (shalom, asalamu alaykum, and the greatest of love and peace to you!). I have VERY high regard for you, as well... and so I was taken aback a tad, yes. Forgive ME, please, as well. It came as a result of the (religious) lies told by the WTBTS (and others, yes, but primarily them)... as well as frequent misunderstandings/misstatements as to what "law", from various religious POVs, is... among most of mankind. I don't necessarily care (as much) about things outside of that area (law, both religious and civil)... but the WTBTS really did a number on me with THEIR "laws." Not personally, per se... but what they misled me to be a part of: teaching "law" that was SO far from truth... and using that to control others... that it's obscene.

I tend to seek accuracy, then, perhaps obsessively so, and so presented the (admittedly limited and perhaps biased) information from Wiki and the Syariah website in the hopes that you just MIGHT clarify for us. Because I certainly don't know the full story; however, I have friends that are Muslim and while I do know that marriage is frowned upon, my understanding is that it is possible for women. True, WHERE plays a HUGE role... and my friends are all here in the US... but your comment seemed to indicate that it wasn't possible/permissible anywhere.

Please forgive MY misunderstanding... and, as ALWAYS the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• Mary
    Mary

It'll never happen. The Sharia Law screws the woman over in every sense possible. They tried getting it passed here in Ontario about 6 or 7 years ago but there was such a huge outcry (primarily from Muslim women who knew all-too-well what it would mean), that it was delegated back to the rock from whence it came.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit