Witnesses buying backpacks in spain

by OwnAccord 16 Replies latest jw friends

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Has anyone heard any info about the backpack in the US? There's a topic with about 10 pages about it over in the spanish forum. http://www.extj.com/showthread.php?22472-La-mochila

Here is the post from Google Translate

Meeting. Thursday. 20:50 hours. "The needs of the congregation." Needs are deleted and reads a letter. I almost peed from laughter! Or how I could not hold the laughter in full session! I think in my 9 decades attending meetings, I have never heard such jilipollez board. Is the topic? The backpack. (Attached the printed distributed at the meeting all present where the articles list must contain the backpack and a column for the successive revisions of its contents). The backpack. It seems that the CG is bored and has nothing more interesting to do than regulate down to the smallest detail of our lives. We like we're fools, idiots, imbeciles, poor, retarded, idiots, stupid, foolish, or abnormal (not subnormal, they have my respect and appreciation). I thought that the CG was to give us the food "spiritual" in due time, but I see that, for a long time, someone has gotten out the clip (Spanish expression) and has lost its way. They have lost sight of what their role and what they are. Let's see, CG. What should you see your role as spiritual food cooks and also you will serve us in the table, warm, with how we have to act and regulate down to the smallest detail of our private lives, as in the case at occupies a catastrophe? Do you think you can? Where in the Bible states that your performance would go beyond the mere provision of spiritual food and assuming the role "the diligence of a good father"? Parents already are a few. Others, who are not, are also sensible and well furnished their heads. Most of us are diligent and responsible. CG need not "that" kind of advice or guidance. Engaged the congregation needs to show us that we have to prepare for a "supposed" disaster, uncertain, insecure, ... I think ... to see how I say it mildly ... an insult to the intelligence and reason and interference in personal autonomy. CG who you think you are? What do you think are the government authorities, agencies and Civil Protection, ... etc. Do not you have anything better to do, for example, worry that the elderly make pastoral visits "every year" or enhance the quality of love from the top of the organization down to the last monkey, for example (I mean the love of truth, the real, not affected, the false, the pose, the look good)? AWAY a little thing and imanaros this, instead of TJ, I had done the Catholic Church, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, Pentecostal, ... what would you think of them? What are some taraos? Well, the same of us ... One last note: Can you imagine that submissive sister, who goes and pays attention to the aforementioned "suggestion" and prepares a backpack with the suggested content? What a shame! And long story if three, four, five, six or more family members. Do three backpacks, four, five, ...? Where do we store? A more junk in the house? And what of those very few brothers and sisters who have no resources to eat and now they are told they have to mount a "grab-bag", which will be updated regularly, with the resources they have and everything "just case "? And at headquarters and branches? Enabled and saved many backpacks as brothers and sisters working there, ... 100, 200, 500, 1,500 backpacks? Honestly, I do not think so. The CG is losing his mind, intruding into what nobody sends suggesting idiotic as a cathedral and making us incurring a waste, which, incidentally, do not pay them. How easy is absurd suggestions! ! Since they do not cost a penny! Just missing that in April or May Ministry come you can request special request approved WT backpack with a family photo silkscreen CG. Oh my God! Which organization ...!

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Here's the translated version of a talk that was given

WHY WE MUST BE PREPARED? (3 min.) Jesus predicted that natural or manmade characterize our times (Matt. 24:3, 7, 8) Lord prepares your organization as a whole, to act quickly in the event of disasters or emergencies Relief committees were organized to help victims of natural disasters, civil unrest, etc.. All Bethel homes have updated emergency plans and annual drills Lord instructs us to avoid many of the losses that cause such disasters (read Proverbs 21:5)

Prepare ourselves as a congregation (2 min.) The bodies of elders take the steps necessary to meet the needs of siblings Have the contact details for the publishers and the circuit overseer Prepare an action plan defined which includes those with special needs They review the plan annually, including a drill and provide reminders to the congregation

Prepare ourselves individually (8min.) As families or individually, is also expected to take practical steps to be ready Scan in the family worship night the suggestions we offer Decide what action we will take in an emergency Mentally prepare for evacuation if necessary and know where to go (read Luc. 12:15)

Prepare a bag with important documents resistant personal and basic need (at this time provide attendees a copy of the Checklist of items disaster necessities and review the list of basic guidance need disaster at the end of the sketch)

The purpose of this is to facilitate the preparation and review of the contents of the backpack staff The list is based on general recommendations for agencies and emergency experts There will be items that may be in the backpack, and others will be put on when arises emergency (mobile phone, identity card and passport, medicines, etc.)

The model is ready to record the expiration date of perishable items and make Two reviews of the content If you receive a notice that a disaster is imminent, pay attention to the instructions of the authorities and elders (Rom. 13:1, Heb. 13:17)

BENEFICIÉMONOS be prepared (2 min.) What will we do after a disaster? Being prepared will stay calm and take action immediate Let us follow the instructions of the authorities (see Rom. 13:5, 6) Let's contact the Superintendent Group, even if we are well and do not need help

In these last days we can all be victims of a disaster. Let the suggestions received Do individually, as a family and as a congregation will protect us while showing our respect for the precious gift of life

BE SUBMITTED IN 15 MINUTES

Indicative list of basic necessities disaster Backpack resistant and easy to carry Copies of important documents in a waterproof bag (license, passport, etc.). An extra set of car keys and house, Cash Bottled water and nonperishable food Flashlight, Radio AM / FM, cellular phone, extra batteries Medications for at least a week with the doses listed, recipes and the name and telephone number of the doctors (make sure the drugs are not expired) First Aid Kit Sturdy, comfortable shoes, warm clothes and a raincoat Data about where to meet (meeting point) and how to contact the family, as well as a map area

NOTE TO SPEAKER: The indicative list of basic necessities is disaster based on recommendations of reputable international organizations. It can be adjusted according to need.

NOTE FOR THE ELDERLY: Preparation of annual drill Its duration shall not exceed 20 minutes, after hours of meetings and with the assistance of Ushers (it is desirable that some of the elders also attend) They cover the following aspects: Identification of signaling evacuation routes, emergency exits and location of extinguishers and other fire protection through the local Define a safe place outside (safe for vehicle traffic) where the congregation can gather in case of evacuation Complete a simple minutes where indicated date, the names of the participants and a evaluating the results. Attendees will sign the minutes, keeping a copy on file each congregation (3 min.)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Armageddon must be coming soon!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi and Welcome OwnAccord!! Yes, this isn't new. Bethelites in NY have backpacks for sometime now. First alarm was with the horrendous 9/11 terror attacks and thereafter came the devastating Hurricane Katrina.

And aside from Bethel and Witnesses, there are plenty of people who for the same reasons listed above have "Go Bags" recommended by the U.S.Federal Government since 9/11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to answer OA: OwnAccord- Yes the same info was read a couple of months ago( or it just seems thst way) That info has been read for several years.

Hi Amelia!!!

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Thanks .

It was mentioned in the spanish forum that several governments encourage them (I think they mentioned Canada). What I dont know is why the info was sent to Spain & read to all congregations and elders were told to adjust the other talks to accommodate this important info. Has it also been read in the US congregations this year?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

What happened to "Trust in Jehovah"?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OmnAccord>>>>>First, let me say welcome, and kisses on each cheek and an American hearty hand shake, my Friend.

Did I read correctly you have 90 anos, (9 decades)? You are 90 years old or young, or how ever you feel today? Si? Right?

I like your thinking. I like your view on the Governing Body "CG". I like your writing and I think you are funny! "Does the Governing Body think we are fools, poor idiots , retarded, stupid idiots or foolish abnormals!?!" hahahahaha With a big resounding...YES! What a Sweetheart for you to "not mention the subnormal. They have your respect and appreciation". What a beautiful Brother/Sister you are.

Please keep writing. In your 9 decades you have seen many things, come and go. New light, old light, what was right, is now wrong. If you professed to be of the anointed, what do you or anyone you know this has happened to, now think?

Your critical thinking skills are highly valued.

What do you think of your Religion, for the future? They used the scare tactic of armageddon for almost 100 years. They gathered a lot of scaredy cats into their nets, with their abuse, that they could fleece at leisure, while having control of their captive's lives.

What adult man or woman wants to live under a dictatorship? Maybe you can tell us a little bit about that.

Wars are fought for Freedom. The Governing body controls us as though we are brainless.

OwnAccord>>>>>Are you actively helping ones in Spain to wake up and leave this parasite religion?

Are you still in? Fading? DFed or DA and trying to get reinstated? A pub, pio, Elder, CO, DO, Bethelite, Missionary?

How are you? Have you been married? Children? Grandchildren?

Please do not tell me you are one of those innocent unfortunate children that listened to The Watch Tower Society when they released The Childrens book in 1941 and made you promise or at least guilt you into thinking that you should never marry? That is too heart-breaking.

Please start a new thread and introduce yourself. Yes, we all know your view on the 8 Pope-ettes (My term. I think that is so funny) Governing Body.

As I read your post I think how much more beautiful it sounds coming off of your lips in Espanol. Yo idioto! yo stupido! (Sorry. Did I just call myself an idiot and a stupid?) lol

Welcome OwnAccord and 3 gold stars

Just Lois Enjoying Paradise Now in the North Pacific

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Reminds me of the start of 1975 when we (mother and 3 kids) went into the old shed and dug a big hole. We buried a stash of bibles and watchtowers as our 'survive 75' package. Theory was that as the persecution mounted and we lost touvh with Sydney bethel, we could scoot back under the cover of darkness and retrieve our contriband stash of 'food'.

I kid you not!

I went beck to the old house last year, met the owner who told me how he had recently cemented the floor...so i said :"you want to know something funny"...

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

looks like a prepare for a natural disaster pack more than an armageddon pack though...perhaps they are trying to make everyone 'prepared' so that when tsunamis, earthquakes or terrorists attack they are easier to find...or survive without 'mother' having to go help them...

oz

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Aussie Oz>>>>>Oh...oh...and your Mom loved you and thought she was doing the very best for her children. Is she still alive? Precious.

Sorry OwnAccord. I do not mean to disrespect your thread.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit