JWN is my New Congregation...LOL!

by SophieG 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Is JWN my new congregation?

I realizing that some things never change. I am behaving the same way I did at the KH as I am now in this forum.

I think I was a fairly sociable JW, easily making a lot of friends. But I also tended to be an observer, and I could be very quiet. I was not the kind of person who would walk up to new ones when they came to the hall. When new ones arrive on the forum I tend to read and observe. I also notice that the same people always share a welcome to the newcomer, similar to how it would happen at the KH and I think that is awesome. I tend to wait a while to say a genuine “hello”. I always knew I was kinda “off”, and I certainly did not want to drag anyone into my madness, so I would wait to see the person’s JW personality rise to the top. So just as back then today I observe to see what a person’s XJW personality is like.

Just like in the cong, there are unique personalities that stand out on the forum….like JGnat or Leolia(sp) who I could not WAIT to hear what would come out of their mouths, because I knew it would always be deep. Then there is AGuest, who is very unique and I would intentionally want to work with her in service just to get into her head. There are people like Tater…I see you…you’re a nut! Then there were folks like Cedars, smart, articulate, and I would just listen to and appreciate what they had to offer. Then there is OneStepOut93, who I could not wait to see what she would wear and after the meeting we could ask each other: Where did you get those shoes? There is Billy Ex Bethelite…and LOL…I could see that smart-alecky attitude a mile away. There is Punkinface! OMG! He and I would be standing in the back of the hall, rolling our eyes at some crazy stuff that was being said from the platform. There are those disfellowshiped sitting in the back, who I would look at and SMILE or wink at them. Then there are those who are emotionally as fragile as I am…I could always tell and when they were about to break down during the closing song. I’d be flying across the aisle to hold them up, just as someone held me up when I was about to fall.

Then there is the really ODD person. You can feel they are trouble. They like to start controversy, fuel some type of fire, instigate and cause drama. Whew! They are energy-drainers. (No names. I don’t need to be in a “forum back room”).

And then there is Mouthy. Yes, I left the best for last. This is the sister that comes barreling down the aisle to her seat talking to everybody at the same time. Everybody loves her. She is a bold older sister who gives bear hugs. The elders leave her alone she is a force to be reckoned with. Working in “service” with her is a hoot.

I don’t know if any of you have noticed that within the whole association of X-Brothers, we behave somewhat similar to how we did when we were in. Or is it just me? LOL

Maybe I should get my publisher’s card SENT HERE!!!

Have a great day peeps!!!

Sophie

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

OMG you are so right!!!!! Wait until my father finally gets to posting on here, he will be the "trouble maker" always hauled in the back room because he is questioning everything and can't keep his mouth shut.

I'm the sister sitting behind you with the smile on her face like she is enjoying the meetings, but really is just bored and its trying to stay awake or thinking about what to do when I get home

I love this new congregation!

G

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are advantages here. First, you will never be asked for your time slip. Your posts are automatically counted at the time they appear, and there is no need to worry about return visits or studies. Of course, you cannot pious-sneer here. And no one will hound you if your activity declines for whatever reason, whether for a temporary period or permanently (and this can happen--computer problems, a new job, or simply moving past the witlesses can do this).

Another thing is that no one is going to give a fxxx if you do certain things. You masturbate, do fornication, practice homosexuality, do whatever sexual "perversions(??)" you feel like (aside from raping children, particularly in an attempt to ruin their lives--do that, and go to jail), or have multiple sex partners of one or both sexes, and no "privileges" are taken away. In fact, you don't even need to report it--it is your business alone. Listen to whatever music you feel like, it's your business. You are free to practice whatever religion you feel like, whether it be among the Abrahamic religions or not (and Satanism is just plain fine), no big deal. You are free to change religions. You might choose to practice no religion, either for a time or permanently--or change your mind. There is no penalty for giving a "wrong" comment on the washtowel articles. You can research anything you feel like, from independent sources, until you are satisfied that you are getting the real truth. You can celebrate whatever holidays you feel like, however you feel like (however, I strongly recommend you NOT do birthdays by chopping someone's head off because you can spend time in jail for it). And no one is going to judge you based on your obedience to the leaders.

Also, leaving the forum is not going to ruin your family life. People can and do become "inactive" by not posting--and you can resume activity any time you feel like. So long as you have your login information, you can lapse in posting for any length of time and resume when/if you feel like without penalty. No one is going to hound you if you lapse, so fading is not necessary. The rules are simple and posted below the post box--and, even if you do get banned (not that common), it still doesn't mean you get shunned. Try that with the joke-hovian witlesses!

• flipper
    flipper

SOPHIE G- There are certain to be some similarities, it's true- I mean many of us here WERE in a mind control cult so it stands to reason there will be a " carry-over " effect so to speak personality wise. That being said the big difference that I enjoy on the board here the last 6 years I've been here is all the unconditional friendships and support shown and given to each of us here from the majority of posters on JWN. To build on what WT Wizard just said you and I won't be judged as inadequate here if we don't turn in time slips, don't comment at meetings or go out in service, if we aren't pioneering, if we aren't elders or ministerial servants, Circuit or district overseers. None of that class distinction matters here at all.

Everybody's opinion counts here, it did NOT count inside congregations when we were JW's. Only appointed WT representatives opinions counted. And that is one thing I see as a HUGE difference on this board than in the Witnesses. And I might add- a VERY welcome difference ! I value everyone here and their opinions. No matter how different those opinions are from mine- it broadens my perspectives on the world and life in general. Kind of how I see it. Good thread subject, thanks for posting it. Peace out, mr. flipper

• SophieG
    SophieG

Gojira!…and after the meeting I would turn around and give you a big hug and then RUN TO THE DOOR!!!!

Both you guy:s WTWizard and Mr. Flipper, brought out the deeper, more meaningful aspects of this “Congregation” that we have online. You are both right. This is one place I look forward to coming to..every day. I dreaded that other place and I only had to go 3 times a week!

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

SophieG: After the hug we will be fighting each other who can make it to the door first!!!!

I know I have felt more love and bonds of friendship forming here than as a Dub.

• Giordano
    Giordano

SOPHIE G You may have just unleashed a brain storm of an idea when you said: " Maybe I should get my publisher’s card SENT HERE!!!".

Does anyone know the procedure the congregation uses to mail one's publisher's card to another congregation? If someone or family wants to disappear off of the rolls making the publishers card disappear might be helpful. I am thinking a real address in an area where there are no kingdom halls for a hundred miles and a willing person(s) who will allow their address to be used. Cards get sent there and they are destroyed immediately.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I am upset I wasn't mentioned. I am aparently Brother Hurt Feelings....

No but really, lets get all of our cards sent here. There is probably a way to do this.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Holy crap! That is such a good idea!!!!! I know there are active elders on here who are fed up with JW's and are dissidants. Heck could we get someone who is an ex elder to pose as an elder to request our cards?

I would love to have my card in hand, but heck even if it is destoryed, I'd be fine with that to.

G

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

You could set up a PO box and the cards sent there.

Maybe someone should create a seperate thread and see what others think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit