My pioneer sister called yesterday

by mamamo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

As soon as I saw the number I knew something bad had happened. Seems my mother (71) has breast cancer in her remaining breast. Her first time was in 2001. I volunteered my son's services for taxiing back and forth or whatever is needed. I know my presence would not be appreciated. The problem is people who don't understand the situation and them thinking I should make all the effort to get the seperation taken care of. The only thing that would make my mother happy with me is if I returned to the fold. Umm, NO. I have been out since 1990 and no way am I going back. Just needed to share with people who would understand.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to hear this news.

Sorry also at how the WTS hurts families.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Sorry to hear about this. I lost my mom to cancer, it sucks. I am glad they at least thought to let you know.

tt

• smiddy
    smiddy

They just dont seem to get the fact that they are trying to " emotionally blackmail " you into coming back and that certainly is not a loving thing to do .

smiddy

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Mammo, I am very sorry to hear about you mother, cancer sucks badly! Know you are in our prayers or sending you good vibes!

A family member with cancer creates problems for active-jw family and non-active members. Non-active are usually the ones who are driving their parents, aunts and uncles or cousins to Chemotherapy while busy-witnesses are roving about throughout the coffee shows seeking deserving ones!

It's not the easy situation to bring a sick person who is dying of cancer to their chemo-treatments. I found many family members of dubs, would step aside and allow their "misfit relatives" to take the loved one to get their medication. Where is all the brother-love we heard about? Seeing a disfellowshiped sister holding the hand of her mother for hours during chemo, while the son in "good standing or(elder in charge)" is making calls checking up on other non-sick elderly witnesses, finding excuses to avoid his mother because he is afraid of dying himself.

It seems to me, for a religion so assured of their standing with God, they hate being around the sick and soon to be departing his world, brothers and sisters. I watched many dubs sit back and let their "faded or weaker" family take the lead in driving sick parents to doctors appointments. Why is that?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry to hear this -- thinking about you.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

mamamo, wish you well through-out this ordeal. Wish your mother speedy recovery too.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm sorry to hear you are are going through this stressful time Mamamo. I took my father to the eye clinic regularly when he was in his seventies. He was afraid of going blind because he had glaucoma. When I picked him up and took him home my JW mother would barely acknowledge me. I do understand. Take care of yourself.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sorry to hear the news of your mother. my mums is a cancer survivor, i hope yours will be too.

sounds to me that you should throw the burden of 'taxi service' right back onto the pioneers lap though.

they should not be allowed to have it both ways. too often the lofty pioneer or bethelite gets free pass on parental responsability and it gets put fair and square on the familiy who are not so 'special' or not in the 'truth' at all.

Oz

• Gayle
    Gayle

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope treatments will help again. Such a difficult time for a whole family.

My mother died of Hodgkins cancer. Of course, all comments were that she would be resurrected 'soon.' That was in 1970.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit