"Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

by Ding 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

dead dead dead.....again like on another thread - I am SO VERY HAPPY I have left that dump.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Blondie: Sorry to correct you, but I researched this original booklet through the Vancouver Public Library and the Library of Congress and for $20 they sent me a complete photocopy of the original pamphlet. The REASON I went to all this trouble was because, sometime in the late 1980's early 1990 ? there was a Watchtower reference to this pamphlet and they said it was entitled, Millions Now Living MAY Never Die. I was baptized in 1957 at 14 years old and I saw original copies the old woman who studied with me had and I remembered the title. When I saw this "re-name" it was the first inkling I had that the WT might possibly be capable of lying. I couldn't believe such a thing, but I also remembered what I saw, and it tortured me. I believe others caught this "mistake" and they then made up this story that the "original" had been titled with the "MAY" and not the emphatic "WILL" to cover their own deception. Of course the pamphlet also talked about 1925 and the "resurrection of the prophets to earth" to lead us, which led to the building of a Mansion in San Diego where Russell was buried under a Pyramid. I have an original, printed by the society, copy of The Finished Mystery as well.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

notjustyet - ?? Rutherford predicted the resurrection of old prophets,

like Isaiah and Jeramiah. Rutherford said this resurrection of the

prophets of the Hebrew scriptures would happen in 1925.

This was not a vague or perhaps, or maybe, or symbolic prediction,

it was so literal, and concrete that millions od dollars were spent

to buy land in San Diego and build, not a middle class home,

But a palace, a mansion. Rutherford had this palace built

and called it Beth Sarim, and it is still there today.

Rutherford lived in this palace and drove the most expensive

cars and wore a top hat and called himself "Judge" even though

he never was a real judge, only a second rate lawyer. This was

in the 1930's in the midst of the worst economic depression the

world had ever seen , where people actullay starved to death in

what is now know as the Great Depression. Unlike other

churches, the Watchtower did no relief work or soup lines and

helped no one during the Depression, as people starved in the USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit