A Heads Up On Potential Heads Off...

by hillary_step 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Sam,

Sounds to me like this, as usual, is not about “helping” but about ridding themselves of the evil influence of “apostates.” Another “tightening of the screws?”

I spoke with a CO on the brink if you get my meaning, a dissident flavored man. He informed me that the GB has been 'shocked' at the rapidity of the loss publishers world wide. Apparently one member of the GB is insisting on the need of 'self-refining' and tightening screws. The customary and now practiced fool, I will leave you to reach the obvious identity of the man.

They are campaigning on a number of fronts apart from the one I mentioned in this thread. A tightening up on the 'reports' system with the Group Study Overseers ( changed from 'Conductor' ) being assigned the role of 'report' collector, and a closer internal ministry.

Mixed motives, spin doctoring, manipulation and deceit masquerading in the guise of 'caring for the Brothers'.....whats new?

Best regards - HS

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Thanks for the added information, Hillary.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I think that I received one of those "shepherding visits" on Saturday nite. An elder and another brother dropped by to deliver an invitation to the Memorial. After a few pleasantries the conversation turned weird. The elder asked me what I thought of the world situation, as if I were a householder. After I answered, he asked me the same question again! Then out of the blue asked if I had doubts about the truth. That seemed odd to me, as I have never said anything out of the way to anyone. He didn't shake my hand when he left, which was our custom. In fact, he somehow looked sad or disgusted, probably both when he left. Anyway, I''m following the advice of Patio and others to get my story straight in my head if this happens again. Damn, I wish I could tell this brother some real truth.

FreeFallin,again.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Glad to hear about this. In the unlikely chance that someone from my distant past does stop by, I will prepare a little "information packet" of some choice items for their review.

cd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit