A Heads Up On Potential Heads Off...

by hillary_step 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Some of you who have 'drifted' from the WTS may not be aware than in recent months the WTS has required CO's to report the names and circumstances of those who have become 'inactive'.

The elders are required to visit each one and report to the CO on his next visit as to where they are, who they are and why they have gone 'inactive'.

As ever there may be mixed motives with this arrangement, but it as well to be prepared.

Best regards - HS

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks Hillary. To be forewarned is to be forearmed!

• puzzled
    puzzled

Is there a SAID "Purpose for this?"

A final call?

PLMKRZY OUTA control with her posts again

• TheStar
    TheStar

Thanks for the forewarning Hillary. Good God why can't they just leave us alone.

"We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel... There should be full liberty of conscience." -- WT April 1, 1920, p. 100, 101

• JBean
    JBean

Thanks for the warning. I don't wanna play anymore!!! True... I wish they'd just let me be.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Well, I sure have nothing to worry about. I live over an hour away from where I lived when I was a jw. They will have to find me first.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • MrMoe
    MrMoe

Oh brother. [8>] I am with TheStar. Why can't they just leave us alone? We don't go to THEM and try to convert THEM!

I now have over 8 memorial invites. If the elders want to call on me what on earth do I do then? Oh GREAT! I suppose I will cross that bridge when it arrives.

Kisses,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

• Dawn
    Dawn

Quite frankly - I would welcome a visit.

I have spent the last year studying a number of the doctrines I learned as a JW - researching how they came about and whether they were supported by scripture.

I would welcome them in - then take the opportunity to start asking THEM the questions. I think I'll start with "if there's only one true God - and all the others are false, please explain to me again John 1:1 in your bible". After showing them the multitude of scriptures I have found to support the diety of Jesus - I'll move on to "where in the bible does it refer to a faithful and discreet slave CLASS" - since that scripture read in context obviously refers to an individual person. While we're there - how can the WTBS say they're not a PROPHET, yet print prophecies in their books?

I have TONS of topics I'd like to discuss - It may not get results now, but they may go away and think about the questions. Perhaps, sometime down the road, the seed will start to grow.

It would be great to meet up with Jesus some day and have him tell me that I helped in finding one of his lost sheep!!

So I say.....BRING IT ON BABY!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Well, the last time they visited, my husband told them to not return unless they gave 2 weeks notice so that we'd have sufficient time to have our attorney present next time - as all we wanted to talk about with them was the sale we were involved with the elders. Our attorney had already written & spoken with the WTBTS attorney - so it's legit to have him there.

Going on 3rd year, no visits....perhaps they'll pass this on to our CO?

Thanks for the warning, Hilliary.

waiting

• Wren
    Wren

Thanks for the heads up. I'm putting this to the test. How far will they go? JW relatives have moved nearby who are in the hierarchy. Will I get any probing questions even though I'm in the looong time inactive and cantankerous classes? There's nothing I can be DF'd for except if I get caught supporting exJW. The pressure is high here, for memorial attendance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit