Gentile Times Reconsidered PDF free from publisher

by wannabefree 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

not a fan of COJ. He needs to reconsider it again.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Now, Now kids, play nice. Here is a website where you can read it for free, but if you want to download you have to pay for it.http://www.scribd.com/doc/40379838/The-Gentile-Times-Reconsidered

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Here is a website where you can read it for free, but if you want to download you have to pay for it.http://www.scribd.com/doc/40379838/The-Gentile-Times-Reconsidered

Be aware that the scribd version is unauthorized and parts have been altered by somebody called Tönis Tönisson.

I posted this on another thread:

Anyone who has this [scribd] download ought to treat it with caution. It's already been mentioned that this version has additional material from the Christian Freedom site which has been made to look as if it was part of the original book, but there are also alterations in the body text itself! One example from p. 381:

The original "As I have amply documented in this review, this sectarian agenda forces Furuli to invent incredible explanations of the relevant sources, Biblical as well as extra-Biblical."

Tönisson's interpolation "As I have amply documented in this review, this sectarian agenda forces Furuli to fabulate more wildly than Sheherazade; the legendary Persian queen and storyteller of One Thousand and One Nights."

Outrageous! Some other unauthorized amendments,

P. viii - The map has not been reproduced from the book.

P. 310 - The original " ... it will in the end be impossible for him to find any real and valid support for an idea that is false and therefore basically indefensible" Tönisson " ... it will in the end be impossible for him to find any real and valid support for an idea that is false and therefore impossible to defend.

P. 310 - The original " Unfortunately, this is an area that Couture, at least at the time he wrote the treatise, was not quite familiar with." Tönisson "Unfortunately, this is an area that Couture was not quite familiar with."

P. 370 - The original "The idea is absurd." Tönisson "The idea is patently absurd, asinine."

Who knows what else he's altered in the book? Ripping off a copyrighted book for everyone to download is one thing, but to put in your own little alterations and pass them off as the author's wording ...

Go direct to the kristenfrihet (Christian Freedom) site instead for the real deal.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Rattigan350: Maybe you can elaborate. It's been a few months since we've had a good 607 debate.

• Freeholyspirit
    Freeholyspirit

Here is a much more accurate and better reconsideration

Lets-watch.com

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Londo111, He has the same problem that the WTS has, can't see the forest because they are looking too closely at the trees.

They both are focusing on Oct 1, 1914 - 2520 years and Oct 1 607. Too narrow of a focus.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This is a critical reference work. I think I donated my copy to the local library but now realize it is a collector's item, so great it is available on-line.

Now, I'm wondering, why the WTS' Library CD is not in PDF form. You get only text and no graphics! Maybe it was too expensive and would have taken up too many disks.

Between Jonsson, Furuli and Doug Mason, you have a very rare and intense focus on a critical slice of ancient Biblical history. I wonder if we can get any copies on E-Bay? Hmmm. I'll check!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OOPS! Definitely a collector's item. Some copies go for close to $200!

QUOTE FOR "Gentile Times Reconsidered"

See all Softcovers | List of all editions

• See all from $34.95
    • New only from $193.91

Furuli's books have always been outrageously expensive, as well, though.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Lars: Those are the briefest posts I’ve ever seen you make…and the most understandable.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I think I donated my copy to the local library but now realize it is a collector's item

Donated it? To a library? Now I know you're insane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit