Avoiding Homelessness

by magotan 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

Magotan

"Avoiding Homelessness" ... wow!.......

>

who would ever think that the "TRUE" religion would,

deliberately, in cold blood .... cause homelessness!

>

" I'm viewed as a disappointment" ..........for sure, not by us!

>

Great advice on here for you ..... just take it easy, don't panic.

>

Don't assign any power to these people ... they only have what

you give to them.

>

Later, you will laugh at yourself for taking them seriously at all!

>

Concentrate on your future ..... full steam ahead.

We are pulling for you Mag.

clarity

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

perhaps the reality is that its time to strike out on your own.

many young people leave home voluntarily at 15/16. (i did at 16, my wife did at 14) Somethimes education has to wait, take second place to survival, you know, get a job and pay the rent.

It might mean at times you are doing it tough, very tough. I lived 6 months in a 2 man tent once...

Oz

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Sounds like all good advice, especially about continuing with your education. Except for this little bit "Don't take it all so seriously" I wouldn't presume to tell you how seriously to take your own life or how upset and worried you should be. The reality is that you have much to worry about. The worst case acenario in all of this is really, really shitty. Many on this forum have experienced the worst case scenario, and I think as a community this is one of things that we should be helping one another acheive: AVOIDING the worst case scenario. Homelessness is nothing to joke about. I'm homeless now and sleeping in a church restroom. I lost my apartment as expected about a month ago. I was swirling out of control finacially, I reached out, and there is just no one and no thing to help me, especially in the case of PREVENTING homelessness. There are shelters, which are just worst than sleeping in the gutter and contain the most foul beasts of humans imaginable, once you get homeless, but there is virtually no such program in America that helps you BEFORE you are out on the street. believe me, I have looked. There is plenty of money being spenty on bicycle lanes and such here in Long Beach, but the idea of helping someone prevent themselves from being homeless is as alien as suggesting there be a city paid oprogram for alien abductions and offering the aliens a time share.. whatever. So, keep reaching out on this forum, and anywhere else you can look. I don't think you are LYING on your FAFSA, and you should get that out of your head I think. Maybe even tell your FAFSA worker the whole story. State you are under the threat of being put out any minute, or just refuse to give any information on your parents under the defense that giving such information would compromise your position as having a roof over your head... and it will! Take care, and I don't say that lightly. PM me if you like, I have been through the whole student loan / grant process. I graduated from college in 07, and I was homeless once during college as well. I do know the system pretty well too. i can direct you in certain ways but just PM me and I'll give you the info.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Call me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit