Hard Wood Floors

by MrFreeze 24 Replies latest social physical

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Does anybody have any tips on keeping hard-wood floors clean? Seems like 10 minutes after I clean them they are a mess again. At least with carpet it was harder to notice all the little doodads that wind up on the floor. Of course, I'm the only one in my house who seems to give a rats-ass.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A house builder company i used to work for would use those sticky wet mop pads to get them super clean for customers. If they are factory finished wood floors, the finish is very tough.

S

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Bona mops and cleaners

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

stop using your shoes inside the house

• finally awake
    finally awake

a hepa type air filter will cut down immensely on the dust. everything else that gets tracked in on shoes and clothes can be picked up with a swiffer pad. or you can use a microfiber cloth on the swiffer pole instead of the disposable pads.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't wear my shoes around the house.

I have a bona mop with cloth. It gets dirty too fast. My roommate having a cat doesn't help much. Oh the cat hair...

• Satanus
    Satanus

AAhh, its the cats fault:) Short hairs are better for that than the long hairs. One house, where i worked, they had an orange cat that popped off hair continuously. The lady wanted to give me the cat. Seriously, when the cat moved from watching us, it left behind a fuzz.

S

• AGuest
    AGuest

Use one of these as often as you can or 1-2 week, dear Mr. F (peace to you!) - they're really easy; they just slide over the floor. Toss in the wash when you're done:

Or, if you don't want to do manual labor but want to keep the dust/pet hair down, invest in one of these:

Or, if you can't afford either and/or want to make it "fun", invest in a pair or two of these (if you have kids, put 'em on them and send them off to "skate" - LOLOLOL!):

To keep it shiny and bright though, hit it with a coat of this 1-2 times/month ("Orange Glo Hardwood Floor Refinisher" - GREAT stuff!):

Peace!

SA, who has hardwood floors on three levels... on her own...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks AGuest. I think I might have to invest in the duster shoes. Probably will be the most effective. I live in a three story house as well, all hardwood or tile.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Give the cat a lion cut shave.... I did to my white persian and we are both happier; he has no more hairballs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit