So, You Have a PURPOSE...

by Satanus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wt would have you believe that having a purpose in your life makes you superior, the grander the purpose, the better YOU are. On the other hand, people without purposes are losers and deserve death soon at wt gods hands or lightening bolts or whatever.

Well, there are a lot of animals who have purposes. Are those animals better than purposeless humans? You decide. Polar bears have purposes, the main one being getting enough to eat to build up reserves to get through the next summer. They travel from 10 to 50 miles per day and swim 5 mile stretches in persuit of that purpose. The males also have the added purpose of humping any females that they may encounter. The female ploar bears have the additional purpose of feeding and protecting their little cubs.

Some bugs have purposes. One kind of bug stays burried underground for a yr. Then, at the purposed time, it pops out the surface w all the other bugs for its biggest propose of all - mating. They fly around, desperatly trying to mate. Once purpose acheived, the males fall dead. The females lay the eggs in the dirt, and cycle repeats.

Trees have purposes. Roooootsssss... Get waaaaterrrrr...

S

• rebel8
    rebel8

I always found the "purpose" doctrine quite demeaning. And now for the obligatory wt infomercial:

Large herds of cattle, both male and female, wander over the plains feeding. Ordinarily the male or bull would not think of approaching the female or cow for sex purposes. If he did approach he would not receive a hearty welcome, but, rather, he might be gored by the cow's horns. There is no petting or sex relations between bull and cow permitted, because the female is not in physical condition to breed. The bull seems to understand this and keeps in his own place. However, when the female of the species is in condition to breed, she makes the matter known. If there is no male in the herd, she will go elsewhere looking for one and she is unsettled until she finds one and then is bred by him. Now she is contented, and the end result is a calf. In this connection it is interesting to note that the male animal has no season at which he is not willing to engage in the breeding act.

If we humans would take a lesson from these creatures, we would learn something of importance in matters of sex, as to its purpose and the results of its operation. Watchtower 1961 December 15 pp. 767-768 Questions from Readers

• Satanus
    Satanus

The ghost of rutherford lives. growing up on a farm, i worked w cows. Domestic cows aren't that smart, except for the occasional one. They may be animals without purposes.

S

• Think About It
    Think About It

I have a special purpose.....but, everytime I try to tell someone about it they call me a Jerk.

• Satanus
    Satanus

TAI

Your purpose is supposed to be serving god, er i mean the wt corp. Any other purpose is a waste of koala energy. If you were serving the wt corp, its god would smite those people calling you names. It might take him a few hundred yrs, but he would.

S

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

All you young people - Get an education. Apply for student loans, Grants ( you don't have to pay them back )

become a Lawyer, Engineer, Animator, Film Maker, Writer, Web site Designer, Computer Programmer, Doctor, Nurse, Technician.

Google Student loans, Grants, ACTUALLY WALK ONTO A CAMPUS pick up the Course Catalogue, look through it - apply for financial aid.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What villagegirl said. Education to get established. Understanding stuff, yourself, your country, science, people....

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The concept of purpose, like the concept of morality is subjective. There isn't any absolute purpose in living or doing any particular thing. That is, the universe will get along just fine without any one of us.

That doesn't make living any less important or enjoyable from a human perspective (or from the perspective of any other organism with sufficient neural connections to experience enjoyment).

• haboob48
    haboob48

Cows...........(maybe) animals without pupose....well they are edible (SP?)

JW's.............people without purpose (to the borg) JW's=those less worthy of slavery! I am thinking that" paradise people'' might be the NEW SYSTEMS NEW FOOD!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Just Kidding!

hb48

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks, jeffro. My point is along those lines; as long as a person is doing what they enjoy doing, that is sufficient. 'Purpose', as the wt portrays it, as a paramount human need, is simply not true, at least for most people.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit