Whatever happened to the "Fall of Babylon the Great" and the "drying up of the churches?

by villagegirl 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I am from the era of the Babylon Book, and all the WT predictions that the Churches of Christendom would "dry up". The book Babylone the Great Has Fallen God's Kingdom Rules, said people would leave the churches of Christendom, in droves and the ministers would have no more people in their churches while "God's Organization" would see a tremendous increase, a huge overflowing Great Crowd, all streaming into the Watchtower and coming to the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" for instructions.

Thirty years ago there were six million JW's , today after the "Great Increase", and " Great Crowd" is now ? The same number ? And the churches of Christendom ? Did they disappear ? Have you seen the Mega Churches in your city ? Huge congregations of thousands ? Evangelicals everywhere ? People are even returning to the Catholic Church in droves. And the WT is selling off empty Kingdom Halls because they are literally abandoned except by a handful and the WT is now a thin small magazine of a few pages.

• sir82
    sir82
    Thirty years ago there were six million JW's , today after the "Great Increase", and " Great Crowd" is now ? The same number ?

Not sure where you are pulling your numbers from.

Based on Yearbook totals, 30 years ago there were about 2.5 million JWs. Today the count is about 7.5 million.

Regarding your other points, somewhat true, depending on the region. Churches are still booming in the US bible belt, but in decline (along with JW congregations) in the US Northeast.

In 3rd world countries, churches (and JWs) are enjoying boom times, while in Europe, churches (and JWs) are just kind of hanging on.

I.e., JWs pretty much follow the trend of religion in general. Nothing special.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Interesting, I'm from the next "generation" and had never heard that explanation...Mine was that the governments would just decide its time to get rid of religions, and then once that was done they would see that the JWs were still around and go after them full force. (lol, such and inflated view of their silly little cult)

They are bumping up around 8 million, percentage-wise I guess that is an OK increase, but a drop in the bucket compared to world population. JWfacts.com has lots of good stats showing the growth is really slowing. The next decade will probably be the last of the growth, then it will be a slow downhill ride into complete oblivion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just figurative BULLSHIT the WTS. used to sell more magazines and books.

The UN as being the great Harlot of Babylon the Great has been down played as well too ,

since the organization joined the UN.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

all of these great things that were supposed to happen, haven't. The man of lawlessness getting revealed, the king of the north, the UN turning on religion and peeling their assets apart, the final attack on God's people. It's all crap and it's not going to happen. However for all those decades the GB said it would. So they just stop talking about it. The avg dub has about ten seconds of memory and whatever isn't spoken of, doesn't exist anymore

• prologos
    prologos

and BABYLON THE GREAT is the evil EMPIRE OF (all) FALSE RELIGIONS. including The other big Abrahamic religion that

As clearly visible from BROOKLYN'S COLUMBIA HEIGHTS tried once to bomb the BASEMENT of the world trade center, smoke rising visible from across the East Riverand , and then

the Kamikadse style air-attack on the Twin Towers, by adherents of that same empire, that the brooklyn brothers had proclaimed to have FALLEN 1918!

a spectacular spectacle (just 3 miles away, visible from their west- facing windows) of the FALSE PROPHECIES they inherited and can not disown.

All WARS, conflicts currenly going on are so because BABYLON TG has NOT FALLEN, is more fanatically strong then ever.Philippines vs Moslem rebes; Indonesia/Timor; India/ Packistan; Afghanistan; Iran/world; Iraqc Shiite/Sunni; SYRIA/ factions ;Egypt, Libia, TUNISIA: factions; Sudan, MALI factions.---

WT BtS is in dream world when it comes to reality.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Here are some numbers. It does not seem like religion is "dying" or that Babylone the Great

( the worldwide organized religions ) are experiencing a collapse.

Russian Orthodox Church - 125 million
    Anglican Communion - 80 million[118]
    Church of England - 25.0 million[119]
    Church of Nigeria - 18.0 million[120]
    Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church - 48 million[143]
    Breakaway Catholic Churches - 25 million
    Baptist churches - 100 million[10]
    Lutheranism - 75 million[
    Methodism - 75 million
    Reformed churches - 75 million
    Presbyterianism - 40 million
    Anabaptism and Free churches - 5 million
    Church of God in Christ - 6.5 million[
    Seventh-day Adventist Church - 17 million
    Restoration Movement - 7 million
    Southern Baptist Convention - 16.3 million[11]
    Orthodox - Approximately 260 million people worldwide are Orthodox Christians.
    Protestant - There are approximately 800 million Protestants in the world.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I really think that we are going to get some new understanding on the meaning of Babylon the Great at some future Annual Meeting where all the new points seem to be announced these days. It may come within the next five years when the matter remains silent and dormant until then.

• integ
    integ

The internet has severely slowed the "potential" growth of the org. What's the first thing someone that is interested does after an inspiring introduction at the door from a witness? They either get online and see what's really up, or if they're too old to get online (and/or don't know how to do that), they call their sons or daughters and scare them that their mom is interested in this strange religion and THEY get online and then report back to their mom to stay away.

The mom then starts hiding from future visits and/or politely tells them she's not really interested.

You can substitute "mom" for "dad" in this example.

Most of the new ones are coming from underdeveloped countries right?

The only new ones are family of ones that are already "in" in our circuit.

• Terry
    Terry

I read the works of Martin Luther and the man's mind was frightening for its lunatic obsessions with Babylon the Great and against Jews!

So too, Fred Franz (thanks to the knuckle head Alexander Hislop) had his own obsessions with Babylon the Great and The Two Babylons nonsense

when crafting his screwball BABLYON the GREAT Has Fallen--God's Kingdom Rules.

I memorized the dates (wacko chronology) when I was in prison. We studied that book cover to cover. It was considered real "meat" at the time.

The contents were lunatic ravings, wild speculations, lamebrain conjectures and the best indication of Fred Franz mental state at the time.

Why did we waste our lives and our time believing all those lies??

I wish I knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit