Anyone still "in" that is feeling physically sick??

by lostinnj83 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

I really think that staying "in" just for family and friends is doing a number on my health. I am currently in therapy for the mental part of all of this but I am phsyically sick every time I have to get ready to go to the meeting or service. I get heart palpitations as well. My therapist also made the recommondation for an anti-depressant as well. This is all to just cope with the pressure of faking it!

It so sad that there people would rather you see you physically and mentally waste away then to see you free alive and happy!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Are you married and have children or is family your parents? Why fake somthing for friends? Just trying to understand why your puting youself through this.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I've been out almost a decade. But was mentally out for over a year before I actually left the org. During that time, yes, I would get physically sick before meetings and especially before going to conventions. The last one my family skipped completely.

The last meeting I attended during the WT study, I had to leave and sit in the car. I wanted to stand up in the kh and scream out "why can't anyone tell this is bullshit!". So I removed myself.

Honest to God, I could not go through that ordeal again. Leaving the tower helped so much with my mental and physical health. Although I almost lost my husband in the ordeal, it was worth it in the end.

I wish everyone going through that same ordeal the very best and hope you too can exit completely soon.

• Mum
    Mum

Do you have any non-JW relatives in another part of the country who might take you in for a while until you find a job? Do you have a spouse and children to consider? I've been through a similar situation to yours, and that's how I got away. We're here for you.

Regards,

SandraC

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

I have a husband thats in and doesn't seem to be budging in any way! My parents are also still in and VERY active.

Yes assemblies/conventions are really the worst!

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

No, I really don't know alot of my extended family, and I just started a great job, I really don't want to have to leave the country just to get away but I really feel so trapped!!

• Hillary
    Hillary

Where in NJ are u? I'm in Hudson County. I should PM you

• Giordano
    Giordano

I went back and read a few of your posts.

I'd stop going to meetings at this point, same with service. A lot of us had the same reaction to all things 'truth' related. Your mind is telling you it's over. Your not that little girl any longer.

Don't bother wasting your time trying to get hubby on your side. Apparently thats not working out.

Concentrate on your new job. Make a few new friends. Volunteer at somthing you would enjoy. Work with your therapist. Get distance. Put out the word or your husband can that you have an issue with depression and your taking time off from meetings etc.

Thousands of witnesses fade every year not every marriage has to end because of that. If it does then you will move on.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Still being in hasn't really upset me in any way. And as a guy, I have more to worry about in terms of getting talk assignments and being considered for privileges I don't want. What is so upsetting about just sitting at the Hall listening to people talk about the Bible?

• happy@last
    happy@last

This is your nervous system making you feel this way. Read Self Help for Your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit