New Pope will be named Peter

by Monsieur 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Petrus Romanus by Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam 2012 outlines this Petrus as the last Pope.

Facinating read. Available on Amazon.

• caliber
    caliber
    His 'prophecy' stated that the next Pope (since Benedict has resigned) would be the last before the 'end' would come. His name would be Pope Peter.

Have any Popes been Dicks , I mean Richards ?

• steve2
    steve2

Actually, my friend, I have heard from very reliable sources in Christendom that he will be named Steve3.

• soontobe
    soontobe

You must be going off the Malachy prophecy from the Middle Ages.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I think the next Pope will be a retired MMA fighter in order to get back some of those fundamentalist that have been winning converts with Christian Fight Night on Saturdays.

Pope IceMan I has a nice ring.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello Monsieur! There is a Cardinal from Ghana who is a likely contender to be Pope. His name is Peter Turkson. If he is chosen for the Papacy, it will be an interesting tie in to the Prophecy.

http://www.news8000.com/news/Could-the-next-pope-be-from-Africa/-/326/18498022/-/w9b9q4z/-/index.html

The prophecy that you mentioned is called the Prophecy of the Popes by Saint Malachy. Below is the Wiki article that discusses it. Enjoy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

• soontobe
    soontobe
    Hello Monsieur! There is a Cardinal from Ghana who is a likely contender to be Pope. His name is Peter Turkson.

There's also Peter Erdo from Hungary, Pedro Saens from Colombia, Pedro Scherer from Brazil, and Jean Pierre Ricard from France.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Just as long as the new Pope's name is not Obama!!!!!!

• nugget
    nugget

How many end of the worlds have I lived through in the last few years. What with Harold Camping and the Mayans, the JWs the Hale Bop comet and god knows what else I have lost faith in the end of the world. I heard years ago that the last pope would be a pope John. The end of the world is getting old now I sincerely hope someone comes up with something new to predict.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...so it depends on how much the catholic church wants to fullfill that prophesy...lets see...who do we have called Peter that we could vote in as the next pope...LOL

ap cardinal peter turkson ll 130211 wblog Two African Cardinals in the Running to Be Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit