IS THERE PROOF THE GOVERNING BODY PREACH DOOR TO DOOR? Real Proof Please!

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Brilliant, thanks Cedars!

And thanks 88JM for the tutorial - I'm working through that with my photobucket account right now!

So with the image there are quite a few odd things on there - just take a look at the left mans forehead, and the facial vertical cut-off line on the left side of the man on the right.

Splash.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

actually, taking another look at Herd's bag it does look photoshopped in too...I had a bag very similar to that and it was much bigger. It looks about the size of a ladies handbag in that pic...

Oz

• Room 215
    Room 215

If tghey go D2D at all, I'm quite certain it doesn't amount to much more than a perfunctory couple of hours here and there; certainly no extensive record-keeping or return visits, or driving around for hours making calls interspersed with Starbucks breaks. When I was in Bethelo and assigned to the Brooklyn Heights congregation, I assisted the Assistant Congregation Servant (Harold Dies, I believe it was at the time) with compiling of field service reports and got to see those for several of the biggies, including Knorr... never more than just a few hours, never double digits... likely little more than counting the time spent delivering talks.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How does a novice pick out how they Photo shopped the photo of Sam Herd? It's looks off by the light, is there a more technical thread on the photoshopping done by the Watchtower when it comes to faking or pretending of being out in the Field Ministry?

Are the Governing Body greater than the Apostles and Annointed Christians of the First Century? I remember reading the Mormons taught Joseph Smith was greater than Jesus Christ's Apostles, so I wonder if the Annointed believe they are doing a greater work than Jesus and his Apostles did by pointing their fingers at a map and sending the pawns in to preach?

• cedars
    cedars

ArbolesdeArabia

How does a novice pick out how they Photo shopped the photo of Sam Herd?

It would be interesting to get a written opinion on the image from a qualified graphics expert.

Cedars

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Messing about in photobucket I enhanced the contrast between light and shade and got this. Lots of light and shade on one guy and so little on old Sam I would suggest the photo was taken indoors.

Apart from he odd way part of Sam's face is missing and the odd angle of the other guy's trouser leg and the mis-matching fence panels in the background there is a strange darkness about the gap between Sam's empty hand compared to the arm with the briefcase in it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

didn't Ray Franz write an article about the wives of GB members struggled to even put any time whatsoever on their report slips because they were constantly on visits and travelling etc? I never had an issue with it TBH , most were advancing in years, all had served as special pioneers/missionaries/CO's etc, so its probably fair to say that they had done their fair share over the years.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Splash:

Was looking back at previous threads and saw that I missed your post asking about the vertical line on the left man's face.

If you are speaking of the vertical line running down his cheek, it looks like a combination of the way the sun/shading is mixed on his face and the limitations imposed by the resolution of the photo. The sun is hitting on the side of the face, but as the face curves around towards the front, the sun is blocked . Somewhat similar to the terminator effect on the earth as you reach the boundry between day and night. It appears to me that the digital limitations of the photo itself create what appears to be a distinct break between light and dark areas, something that in real life would be a much smoother transition.

Take Care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit