Getting my first tattoo

by akafreelife 34 Replies latest jw friends

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

dazed: " What gerneration is that? "

The baby boomers. I'm in my 60s and don't think even the most artistic of tattoos would enhance the appearance of people my age (not much does). I'm sure there are exceptions, of course.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It seems the guys who went off to world war the second got tattoos and then it fell out of favor for a generation, so myself and none of my siblings have any ink, but many of the various children do.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yeah, I never did think about it but I can' t think of any in my immediate family that have tattoos besides me and my brother. My mom and dad don't have any. They are 61 and 62. I don't think any of their brothers or sisters have any either.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

whoop - got to post a pic up once it's done. Would love to see the end result. I have one tattoo so far. A black widow. I have been designing my second tattoo for a number of years and have finally got what I want. It's gong to be in honour of my grand father that died when I was only 9. He was a wonderful man and I want to honour him. I hope to get it done on the 12 July this year - the day he died 26 years ago. It's gone to be a rather big one in the middle of my upper back. It's going to have some colour as well.

So excited.

• rix
    rix

Good for you. After you've given thought to what you want, as mentioned and as you stated, you are checking the artist. See if he or she have done any 'cover up' tats. See the art work for them. If anyone can do a cover up and it turns out good, they are truly an artist. See the ink. Now, ink can last for a long time. After you get your tat, don't use soap with any additives, just pure as Dove. After it has healed, use a cream like Aveno that has no additives either. Stay out of the sun with it and it will last forever. I tried to post mine, however, could not figure out how to do from my desktop folder. Mine still look great and I'm well over 60yrs. Excercise helps too.

As far as the scripture the WTBTS tries to dump on us from Leviticus 19:28, those comenting here should do as the Boreans did.....RESEARCH!. Oh, yeah, the WTBTS does not want us to do that. Here is the true meaning of that scripture:

The word translated tattoo in is the Hebrew word "qa aqa" which only appears 1x in the entire Bible. It literally means "to cut". This would have been a form of branding, scarring, cutting with designs for the dead. Somewhere along the way, ink was added to the surrounding branding which endorsed this as cult practice. The true meaning of the word is not exactly known, however, the prohibition against "qua aqa" was to keep the israelites from being involved with cult worship. Tattoo's of today are much different for those in the Pentateuch. In our current culture many people do things that change their appearance, hair color, wild finger nails, etc. DO you know any sisters that have permanant eye liner or any sisters that had to experience the terrible procedure of a mastectomy and have their areola's colored in? Both are tattoos. So is one O.K. to do and not the other?

And of course, didn't Jesus come to do away with the law? The WTBTS cherry pick the scriptures. If they are going to use Leviticus than ALL what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures should be applied in JW's lives.

Good luck

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

agggghhhhhhhh hate tattoos my guess? in twenty years it will be like "what those old floks used to do " hahahaha

• dinah
    dinah

I love A7X.

• Satanus
    Satanus

In modern times, tats only got popular a few decades ago. But, in old times, tribes all over the globe had them. It may have been a tribal thing. Celts had them, all of africans had some sort.

S

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

Satanus in my opinion the best rev drum songs are Beast and the Harlot, A little Piece of Heaven, and I like all his work on the Waking the Fallen album.

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

THe Tattoo went awesome I will be doing a follow up in 2 weeks to highlight the area and do a texture for the ground around the figure using white ink. We will be doing our first tat show soon. Once i get my pictures on my computer i will post a shot of the work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit