Thankyou dad, for making me think...

by Aussie Oz 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou all for the comments

this forum has given me life. All i can give back is my journey (as you will find under my posts) of my own awakening and the efforts to help the kids out. Perhaps i will find time to go thru all the posts and pull out the bits and snippets about the kids, its hard to remember all the little drops of questioning i used over the last 3 years or so.

Cantleave, more than happy for you to have reposted, i feel privleged even at the thought that i may in some little way help someone else one day.

lova ya'll peoples

Oz

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for sharing that good news Aussie Oz.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I am so happy for you Aussie Oz...you are doing a great job as a parent. I truly think the the best thing we can teach our children is HOW to think for themselves.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great news, particularly encouraging for me since I still have kids in.

I have a question, how did you maintain communication? One of my kids runs hot and cold, sometimes we talk, other times he won't respond at all. With the other I have nothing, haven't for years.

I'd love to "drop seeds" as you say, but don't know how when I can't communicate. I now understand exactly why the WTBTS does NOT want those still in to talk to any that are out.

The WT leaders lie and call any that leave "apostates" but the truth is they know that many, maybe even most that leave know TTATT and will get others questioning too.

00DAD

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

This is great news Aussie Oz, and wonderful that your love paid off. Sounds like a good son to care about you like this and to show his appreciation that way too. Well done to you, and all the best to him.

Loz x

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Aussie Oz>>>>> Hugs and Love in the World Down Under.

Just Lois

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I have a question, how did you maintain communication? One of my kids runs hot and cold, sometimes we talk, other times he won't respond at all. With the other I have nothing, haven't for years.

I'd love to "drop seeds" as you say, but don't know how when I can't communicate.

My communication with the kids was limited to a visit once each two weeks. And it was very often for only a day. The ex had managed to manipulate access visits to bugger all time. There was no mobile phones for a long time. It was real tough at times wondering if they were even thinking about me inbetween visits even. and when they did come with a mobile phone, it was their mothers spare and i was forbidden to even know the number.

Once the boy had his drivers licence i saw him maybe every 3 weeks for a day. By that time i had secured 2 days each 2 weeks with the daughter though. I felt i had lost the boy to the JWs at that time.

I remember each time i saw them i was on edge as i so desperatlry wanted to talk to them, to get into thier heads, it was easier with my daughter. My son tended to close off, at times he would say that he knows now (before baptism) is the time to question but he just does not want to.

He went through a fair bit of therapy that blamed all his problems on me. he did blame me for all his unhappiness at that time too, so that was tough to swallow.

Still, i didn't stop dropping hints about the JWs and asking little questions anyway. I also think that his step father and his mother did a great job of driving the kids away from them and the JWs. He started to get into trouble with the JWs for having worldly girlfriend and getting drunk, how they they treated him repelled him from them more, he saw plenty of hypocrasy around him.

all i did was the best with the time i had...and sometimes i just avoided talking about the JWs at all in case they got jacked off that everytime they came to visit it became an anti JW session and not about fun.

At the end of the day, all you can do is carefully use the time you do get and rely on the fact that the WT manages to retain fewer of its young ones than ever before to help you...

Oz

OODad>>>>>Are your children old enough for Internet connection?

With the slop The Watch Tower Society is dishing out, it seems like it will be only a short period of time, before we, and other sites like this get an avalance of people streaming out, saying "What happened to our Religion?".

Just Lois

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

great job!

Aussie Oz>>>>>I am so happy to hear how you thought this out, to help your precious children. I think they know their Dad loves them and that it is unconditional.

Your second wife knows she has an amazing husband.

Hard work pays off.

Just Lois in The North Pacific

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit