Why didn't God design humans so they pay a price with their health and bodies suffer for committing evil?

by yadda yadda 2 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Oh, sorry... one more thing.

God is not punitive like that. He is not as some religion and man has made him out to be. That is what MAN is.

Peace,

tammy

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Hmmmm, if the "original sin" made changes in Adams Y-chromosome, only men would inherit this defect, since women don't have Y-chromosomes. I suppose this "prominent christian apoligist" was asleep during the biology classes.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

But.....maybe women are perfect...at least some women!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

women are perfect.. in my eyes

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't really follow the logic as to how designing humans with this built-in karma is better than destroying them at Armageddon, or how it would allow people to freely choose God or Satan when the wrong choice would shorten their life.

• mP
    mP

yadda:

The Bible is replete with all manner of moral laws and rules, but nobody pays a price whatsoever for breaking them, unless they are also criminal acts and they get caught.

MP:

Your making quite a statement, which is mostly wrong. The laws of Moses are not good. Many actions which would be illegal and abhorant today were perfectly fine, eg slavery and rape. Dont assign labels or attributes about the laws of the Bible that are not true. Most of the laws are terrible and stupid and completely unfit for a society that wishes peace and equality.

• prologos
    prologos

In our life-expectancy, outcome we are remarkably like

animals that die naturally without

having to invent sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit