Over 4 months, still no response to this letter to the elders!

by Greybeard 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Hi everyone, Its been over 4 months and I have not heard a response from the elders. I called one of them a few weeks back. He said they sent it to Bethel and haven't heard back yet. I've been very down sence my wife left me. We were very close. Soul mates... However I would rather have my dignity and live alone than live a lie trying to please those who insist on taking it away.

Here is the letter I sent to the elders, WATCHTOWER PLEASE RESPOND!

To: All elders in the Grover Beach Congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, The Watchtower Corporation and Governing Body of "Jehovah Witnesses"

CC: Watchtower Inc.

Dear Brothers,

Due to recent accusations of apostasy and my conversation with elder Ron Dare of the local Grover Beach congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, I have been asked to a judicial meeting. I told Ron Dare over the phone some of my concerns and why I had doubts and he asked me to write a letter stating I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I told him I could never write such a letter and refuse to do so. I am still a witness of our most high God and his son Christ Jesus. I also have questions for the Watchtower corporation ran by the governing body and request that you or they answer my questions in writing. No one has tried to as of yet. The scriptures tell us to "test every inspired utterance" yet it is not allowed in this organization. I have been told to keep my questions to myself and "wait on Jehovah" by elders , my father, brother who is an elder , family and JW's friends. Nobody has been able to answer my questions and I am now being labeled an "apostate."

Jude 1:22 tells us, "continue showing mercy to some that have doubts" yet if you are a baptized member of the Watchtower organization and you express doubts in the men who run it, the governing body, you will be disfellowshipped.

What I am guilty of is expressing that I no longer put my trust in man and my only leader is Christ Jesus as commanded in the Bible. Psalms 146:3, Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs." Matthew 23:10, "Neither be called ‘leaders, for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ."

I told brother Ron Dare I have not been to the Kingdom Hall in over 3 years and am not currently associated with any of the local congregations run by the Watchtower organization.

I was Baptized in March of 1978 and here are the baptism questions I was asked when making my dedication:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1970 May 15 p.309:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

Please notice the change in the current baptismal questions:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.30:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

I was 16 years old when I got baptized. It was a dedication from my heart to my heavenly father and his son Christ Jesus. Not to any man, organization or Watchtower Corporation. When I was dedicated in 1978, a "governing body" didn't even exist to me. That was something just forming at the time. As a matter of fact, I was too young to legally enter a life long contract with any organization as the current baptismal questions would have me do. Due to many things being handled wrongly by elders in my early years growing up from 18 years old on, I learned not to trust men. I was a victim of mental abuse and my confidential talk to elders was betrayed. Due to these experiences I never desired to join the ranks of elders or ministerial servants. There is no legal right for YOU or the organization to disfellowship me that I am aware of. You have no such binding contract with me. I am dedicated to Jehovah and his son Christ Jesus. Not any man or organization.

If you truly do love me and want to help me then please answer my questions:

May 1, 1997 Watchtower quotes ISAIAH 44:25, 26 as the theme scripture and says this:

I am ... the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The article continues, “JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!”

I was in shock when I first read this and really was at a loss for words. Have any of the “signs and predictions”of the Watchtower come true? Has not the WT organization been frustrated with countless wrong predictions over 100 years? With their own words do they not condemn themselves by saying, “In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!” The same article continues, “How thankful we should be that Jehovah identifies his true messengers! He is indeed “the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The Watchtower has many times compared itself with Prophets of old including Moses, Isaiah and Ezekiel and this article continues, “…all people living then saw God’s ‘bared arm’ exerting power in human affairs in order to bring about the astounding salvation of a nation. They were given unimpeachable proof that Isaiah and Ezekiel were Jehovah’s true messengers."

These are not my words, these are the words of a recent Watchtower magazine. So my question to you is how can they condemn others like this and where is this "unimpeachable proof" that the governing body of the Watchtower organization is Gods true messengers as they claim? None of the words the Watchtower told me came true. The following was told to me:

This was the "creators promise" as appeared in the masthead of the Awake for years as I was growing up:"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

I was also told this:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

The Watchtowers words did not come true. I am now 50 years old. I never thought I would drive a car, get married, need an education or money to survive. Now I am old, lost everything including my wife, children and most of my family and I ask you. Where is this "unimpeachable proof" that you are Gods true messengers? I would really like to see it. Time ran out on the 1914 generation. The cover of the Watchtower May 15, 1984 has a picture with 16 older Jehovah Witnesses on it and the caption reads, "1914, the generation that will not pass away." Every person on that cover is now dead. Is this "unimpeachable proof?" Truth is the new overlapping generation teaching of the Watchtower is not "new light" from Jehovah, time ran out on this false prediction. The Watchtower is guilty of what they condemn other for, "false predictions" in the May 1,1997 Watchtower.

This quote really upset me and I ask you how could the Watchtower and Awake say such things:

True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end to the world,” even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The “end” did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God’s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them.” Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.23

Do I need to quote all the false predictions of the Watchtower? The Watchtower is known world wide for its record of false predictions. At Matthew 12:36 Jesus said, "I tell YOU that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgment Day; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.” The Watchtower has tried to hide it's history. The new website JW.org only will show Watchtower articles dating back to the year 2000. Most everyone knows the reason why they do not make all Watchtowers available. It is full of flip flops in teachings and many false predictions.

I was told the Watchtower organization never claimed to be a prophet of God many times. Yet I have several articles that prove otherwise. Could they be anymore clear in the following statements:

The Watchtower from March 15, 1972 makes this statement on page 189 from the bound volume:

"More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a 'prophet' in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.?"

The same Watchtower on page 190 goes on further:

"It is of importance to every individual on earth to identify the group that Jehovah has commissioned as his 'servant' or messenger.... For this reason forthcoming issues of The Watchtower will further discuss the identity and work of Jehovah's commissioned messenger as revealed in His vision to Ezekiel"

It is followed with the ultimate claim of being a prophet in the "forthcoming issue" of the Watchtower, from April 1, 1972, on page 197 it states:

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. (What does the record show I ask you?) Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom." Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them'

If that is not clear enough for you, here is more from the Watchtower organization.

"All True Christians ARE Prophets. The New American Bible correctly states: "Prophet means 'one who speaks for another,' especially for God. It does not necessarily mean that he predicts the future!" You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses." Awake! 1986 Jun 8 p. 9

Here is how Watchtower explains this:

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" Awake! 1993 Mar 22 p.4

My question is how can the Watchtower say such a statement when they have said the following:

"Today, Jehovah provides instruction by means of "the faithful steward." Pay Attention to Yourself and to All The Flock p.13

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these Scriptures mean." Watchtower 1931 Jun 1 p.160

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

"… the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece…" Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 p.230

"No man can properly interpret prophecy, and the Lord sends his angels to transmit correct information to his people." Watchtower 1936 Feb 15 p.52

So you see, based on the above quotes from the Watchtower I have a very difficult time trusting in men as my leaders. I feel I have been lied to. There has never been any admission of wrong or apology for any of this. Now I am 50 years old. I have lost everything including my wife because I believe I was told wrong things and mislead. How can you disfellowship me for asking legitimate questions?

Please help me with these questions and tell me where I am wrong for asking them. Didn't Christ point out the mistakes of the leaders in his day? Wasn't he put to death as an apostate? If you feel justified in doing this then in my opinion, you are going way beyond scripture.

With all due respect... As far as your invitation to meet with you I have this to say, "Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is Jehovah. Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

I thank you for your help in the past and pray you will not make any announcement about me but rather answer these questions in writing. I will forward them to the Watchtower but honestly do not believe I will get an answer from them. I will try.

I have not been to your Kingdom Hall in over 3 years. I have been very depressed and have wished I could die due to recent events. If you do make some kind of an announcement their could be very serious repercussions. I feel I have been mentally abused by the Watchtower and elders for years as their promises, creators promises as they put it, have not came true and now they are chastising me for pointing that out to those who ask why I no longer go.

To all of you I am already dead. When they were putting Jesus to death they broke the other two men's legs so they would die faster. When they came to Jesus they didn't break his legs because he was already dead. I am dead to you so why would you insist on breaking my legs?

I have been partaking for the last three years. I am now reborn in Christ. He is my leader. Is that a disfelowshipping offense? You can say anything against the son of man, Christ, and it will be forgiven you. However, don't dare say anything against the governing body, pointing out their mistakes or it will not be forgiven.

Please consider this prayerfully,

Sincerely yours,

Gregg Blasingame

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Bethel no longer answers questions from what i understand. all that will likely happen is they will tell your elders to "handle you".

• Sulla
    Sulla

This makes me sad, Greybeard. The JWs shoot the wounded, don't you know. The reason you haven't heard anything is because it doesn't matter to them what you think. And here you've gone and made such an extensive argument, discussed your pain, etc. Don't mean shit to them, man.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am sorry you have been neglected, and the losses you have suffered over the last months. This organization is not worth dying for, though. Is there a support group you could join in your neighbourhood? They won't understand the details of your loss, but they will be familiar with the grief.

• Pterist
    Pterist

With you in your sadness Greybeard! Unfortunately we are dealing with a bureaucracy with no heart or soul.

</form>
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your letter probably got kicked back via the Circuit Overseer. It is possible that he and the powers that be will tell you that you have crossed some lines and disassociated yourself. Or it is possible that they have decided to say nothing and steer clear of you.

I think it's the former (DA) and you will eventually hear from the elders, probably during the week of a C.O. visit or a week after. You said that Watchtower made "wrong predictions" and you refuse to recognize any bind to an organization.

But it could be the latter based on your claim that "there is no legal right for YOU or the organization to disfellowship me..." They hate the implication of lawsuits and you actually might have a winner here if they pushed you out based on your joining as a teen before current rules were enforced.

Time will tell what they do. Good luck to you.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thanks friends, I will make it one way or another. I go to AA and have some good friends... I also have some good friends near by who know TTATT. Eric from jwstruggle.com and I are good friends. I have not posted due to the fact I have been trying to make peace with my wife. She has only grown colder and colder. I do not think we are going to get back together so I need to move on.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Greybeard, I am so glad that you've found Christ. At least HE will give you the peace that is beyond all understanding.

As far as why they haven't responded, me thinks they are having some trouble lately. If the influx of new members to JWN due to the "New Light" is any indication, people are dropping like flies! I wonder if this is why they haven't released anything about the new light in the magazine yet. Look at how many JWs found their way to this site, and the New Light has not even been published yet!!!

Your story breaks my heart. I can't even imagine getting an email from my son like you got. Please keep strong. The feeling of hopelessness and wanting to die will go away. But you have to give it time. Surround yourself with people that love you. I don't know if you do or not, but church is actually a great source for making friends. You don't have to believe it all. But at least there are people there that have faith and want to be around other Christians. Church is best for community.

Keep your head up, brother! This too shall pass. Give it some more time, and keep yourself busy. You may look back one day and see that God was working this entire time. Keep this scripture in mind as you keep up the "struggle":

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

vs 31-35: 31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?33Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;34who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

37But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Its a wonderful letter. Sorry for your losses. But I agree with Jgnat. That organization is not worth dying over.

I also wrote a letter and addressed many Q's I had for the organization. That was 10 years ago and I have not gotten any response yet. They will probably ignore your letter and instruct the elders to announce that "by your actions you are no longer a JW".

Remember the new change? You no longer need to say you are no longer a JW, the elders can make that decision for you. So do not be surprised at this.

I went into counseling for a long time. It does help. Try to seek out someone who is experienced with dealing with people who were in cults or who were emotionally or spiritually abused which is what happened to all of us.

I wish you the best of luck and am happy you found Christ. Jesus said "take my yoke upon you and learn from me", for I am gentle and humble of heart and you will find rest for your souls". Matthew 11:29

My prayer for you is that you find the Peace that only Christ for your life, Lilly

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Gregg you are in the clear that is my opinion my friend. They have chewed on your letter for FOUR months and you have even called Elder Ron Dare saying, "What's going on?"

You boldly told him that it was wrong to DF people for smoking due to health reasons when he himself is so morbidly obese. Which is worse? Smoking one cig. or having an extra 100 pounds alone behind that huge belt?

Due to your unique situation and the fact that you were baptized prior to 1985 when question #2 was changed I think they are going to leave you alone. Not bc they care about you, but bc it is the safest way for them to protect their ASSets.

Either way, you are a strong, intelligent guy and have saved me from the frying pan many times, and I for one know what it is like to have "a friend that sticks closer than a brother".

I LOVE YOU MAN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit