JW Apologists Keep Commenting

by RayPublisher 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Very nice article brother. I enjoyed reading it :)

That is one thing that gets me. The WT hammers it into the JW brains not to be on these sites and yet here these people are. When I started to wake up, it took me a good 2 months before I came on to this forums. I remember the first time I came on here and your site, I had a huge knot in my stomach, because the big bad evil boogieman apostates are lurking on here and will eat me...and this is after I woke up! So I'm just curious as to why these strong JW's are coming on here?

Fine job with the article :)

G

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ ÁrbolesdeArabia - You crack me up!

I AM WALTER WHITE ACTUALLY who told you??

Walter White?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ prologos - Very true!

@ CoC - Thanks for your positivity bro. You have so much of that and it really helps a lot of us around here out.

@ ÁrbolesdeArabia - If you want to put some comments on their YouTube channels I think that would be great. I have gone to some of their channels and said something like,

"Thank you for commenting on my channel, JWStruggle. you have a lot of courage to do this, in direct violation of WT rules. Please visit again, I have a new video out just for you!"

As for software, I use all the Adobe master Suite products. Permiere Pro and After Effects are amazing. I recommend people try out the consumer-level versions first, like "Photoshop Elements" and "Premiere Elements" they are good too.

@ Punkofnice - Yes mate they love to copy and paste long rambles on my blog site sometimes. I've had friends say you should ban them they are trolls! And my feeling is, let 'em blow off steam and think they are doing something good. I even told one he was welcome to count his time on there if he wanted to!

@ OnTheWayOut - I'm gonna have to try that at the movies next time lol! I've already dropped 50 bucks just to be there (with my family) and then have commercials played at me for 20 minutes before it starts, so why not?? ;-)

@ Gojira_101 - So true!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I like how you affirm you love of them and invite their dialog.

I agree. I would love to have more a free dialog with JWs…it’s something very rare.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey guys,

So I am stilll sort of a newbie, but have made some leaps. As a former pretty active "apologist" (ahem), let me say, that the ol "why are you even here" thing, is a dead end.

Pointing out o them that they are doing something "wrong" only tells them you would prefer they not be there, because they are exposing you!

I know that seems backwards, but it doesn't do any good at all. Some will remin apologists, some will end up questioning things as I have. i would rather encourage them unemotionally to discuss what they don't agree with, with you. It might get somewhere. If you feel like pointing out they shouldn't be there, then do so passive aggresively if you get my drift.

Just my 2 cents since I have been in their position, (although I do like to think I was more eloquent).

• andrekish
    andrekish

I don't have to apologise for Jehovah's Witnesses 'coz they got the hump with me. I may well be clinically insane but even I can spot overdone
    fanactical devotion when I see it.

And they are scarey, you have to admit.

Out in all weathers like that getting slowly nowhere.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

nice post

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The cuts and pastes drive me crazy here. Why should someone using a forum have to read 15 page long posts that violated copyright law? Often, there is not even a brief summary of the content or why they decided to post it. I like to hear what members here belieive or question. The personal interaction is important to me. I do have google skills to find items off the forum.

It is even worse on political threads when some far left or far right persons posts something from their particular side. Propaganda is not news.

Indeed, on CNN, I like David Gergen and the GOP moderate political commentator, Alex ? b/c they see both sides. I get angry b/c the others just parrot things that anyone can know from reading any newspaper once a month. Knowing they are paid vast sums of money annoys me.

I recall my first time reaching beyond the WT control. It was one of the most traumatic events of my life. I walked several miles from home to use a public phone where I felt no one would know me. Altho it was my school, I felt Jehovah would send a lightning bolt down. The apologists who post here are courageous. They are risking eternal life upon paradise earth to engage us. It is too easy for me to forget what it was like being in and so extremely isolated.

My father engaged with a Jesuit priest concerning "soul." He prepared for the discussion for months. The Jesuit convinced him the WT was wrong. He did not leave. The knowledge derpessed him greatly. I cannot articulate what an event it was for my father to acknowledge the Society was wrong.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

BOTR, what 15 page posts and clip and pasting are you talking about? You lost me my friend!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Some of us who chose to remain Witnesses even though we don't fully agree with the GB expect the same respect for our choice as those of you who have chosen to leave deserve our respect, or at least mine. Despite remaining a Witness, I find this forum useful to gain perspective. When one siffs through and beyond the simplistic "I hate everything that even smells JW" and "you're such a hypocrite to even be here, you stinkin' JW" thing and looks at the well reasoned arguments that some (like Cedars, for example) make, one will actually learn something. At least, I have.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit