Governing Body's Doctrinal Errors Vs. Jesus Apostles' so called errors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

by I_love_Jeff 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't have access to my reference material right now but the WTS also uses the Circumcision issue as a doctrinal error to show the Apostles made errors.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** "The New Testament makes it abundantly clear that doctrinal error can lead to eternal damnation.****

And the main doctrinal error is being Anti-Christ and/or a False Christ ( a substitute christ ) which is exactly what the GB has done. They have lusted that position like Korah and have directed the majority of its followers AWAY from the New Life in Christ to overcome sin NOW, and a santified life through Christ NOW, to a legalistic system of mediatorship through a man made priestly class.

Shalom

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I spoke with a JW about this fairly recently. His purpose was to point out that the apostles changed their minds and understanding similar to the way the GB comes up with "new light". The examples that were brought up were: 1) the Gentiles being included in the new covenant 2) Circumcision not being necessary 3) Paul scolding Peter on his treatment of Gentiles 4) Where Jesus would set up his Kingdom and who it would overthrow. Hope that helps.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Thank you Terry. I took your questions and put them up on Yahoo answers in hopes of getting through to at least one Jehovah's Witnesses. Those JWs are utterly confused and need some serious help.

• BlindersOff1
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As far as circumcision goes, It's mot like everyone was teaching for decades that it was needed as a Christian, and then nu-light came. There were unruly ones insisting on man-made doctrine and law covenant requirements. They were basically told the way it was to be under the law of the Christ. There were no men claiming to be God's Channel of truth, only to change their doctrine as time proved their teachings wrong, DFing along the way. I realize for a mezmerized dub this is tough concept to grasp..

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Marking for reading later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit