Weird rumor I heard - JWs in Sweden

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    the Society is expecting persecution! the Society is expecting something big

The WBT$ usually has to Persuade JW`s to do something Stupid,to get persecuted..

They`ve been expecting something big over 130 years..

There`s always an announcement,announcing the Big Announcement..

The last big announcement I heard was..

The WBT$ got an Award because..

One of their Assembly Halls had a Flat Floor..

*They must be Proud they Finally got It Right*

10_1_138.gif

........................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I can confirm this is not true. I have been to Sweden twice and maintain friendships in the area.

• sir82
    sir82

Problemaddict,

What announcement do you think got garbled then? The 3rd/ 4th links in the chain were pretty freaked out about it.

This was something recent - just within the past few weeks.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

JW rumours are worse than a knitting circle of grannies.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If true then that whould suggest that in Sweden contributions are not equaling the cost of printing. Perhaps congregation are not turn in enough funds to the world wide work? A simple business decision for a corporation nonprofit or other wise.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Scandinavian countries take secular to an entirely new level. Nobody is converted, and JW's seem crazy to the general population. That being said, the JW's in Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark are MUCH BETTER than the ones in the founding countries. Just by virtue of their surroundings, they are more reasonable and intelligent.

I don't know what announcement was made, but it is probably a misinterpretation or editorial on something. it isn't true they have been told to abandon literature.

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

Nope. Not true. I believe as Londo111 says, that it was a (local or, more likely, individual) misinterpretation of the letter about cleaning out old literature.

• mariu
    mariu

Just by virtue of their surroundings, they are more reasonable and intelligent.

I agree, but this mostly affects superficial stuff - like the dresscode (e.g. beards), the demons/smurfs nonsense, and some other non-core-doctrine aspects of JW life. They just don't make the crazy so obvious, because that would make them stand out much more.

Behind that, it's still the same crap. They still firmly believe in shunning, armageddon, creationism, refusal of blood transfusions, no sex outside of marriage and everything else that's not a "matter of conscience".

Actually I've come to believe that makes the JWs in such "liberal" countries even worse - they're bonkers just the same, but with better camouflage. But as you say, the general population sees them for who they are and nobody converts, it's been all born-in kids and a precious few immigrants for decades now. There are few JWs who aren't second or third generation...

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Not true! There is not even a brach office here in Sweden now. It closed last year.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It must have been the letter about getting rid of old litterature.

By the way, Scandinavia is now "ruled" from the branch office in Denmark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit