To those still "in" - how do you keep up a facade?

by magotan 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• magotan
    magotan

That would work if my hall wasn't so small. :P

Lots of people up and walking around.

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

When I was forced to go I’d get a Spanish bible and follow along every time a scripture was read. 5 hours of meetings a week and you really start to pick it up. 20 years and a little rosetta stone and I still have a pretty good grasp of the language. You can use the time to learn a foreign language and your parents will think you’re finally coming around. Not much has changed for me. I’m now sitting at work listening to Italian getting ready for my 20 th anniversary Italy trip.

• nochoice
    nochoice

Since you have responsibilities, the time should go faster. I don't know how I did it before I had responsibilites. Now that I have things to tend to, stuff to hand out, people to confirm, etc., the time actually goes by pretty quickly. Granted, those responsibilities are before and after the meeting, but a lot of those responsibilites I am thinking about at my seat, ready to catch people before they leave, etc. It keeps my mind busy with work rather than thinking about the material. Sad, I know.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What I did when my wife was gone was to just get there 10 min early and mingle then when it starts, leave then I can tell people I was there as I talked to several.

Or at the meetings for field service, just say you have a study or prior arrangements, of if anyone needs a car group, don't raise your hand.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

I remember taking "notes" a lot when I was stuck. I particulary rememberthe time I wrote "Religion is the opium of the people" over and over and over for about 6 pages. Other times, I'd write lyrics to "worldly" songs. I also used to go to the Spanish meetings when I was allowed. They were a lot easier to drown out for me, but made it look like I was trying extra hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit