To those still "in" - how do you keep up a facade?

by magotan 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• magotan
    magotan

I can't come out until the summertime. In the mean time, I have to feign interest like I want to stay so I don't end up homeless.

How do you do it? I can't sit at the meetings without getting visibily irritated. I can't stand service......

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Take 2 bibles to the meeting. Hard cover if you can still get em. Cut out enough of the pages so that a smart phone fits and play games. Make sure you sit close to the wall and in the back left or right corners. good luck

The other will be for when you have no choice but to use your bible...

• magotan
    magotan

i still have assignments, though.....my dad is an Elder. That wont work, lol.

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Not easy i can tell u those meetings come around real quick. I just sit and stare at the material we are supposed to be discussing, look at my watch to see how much longer i have to be there and sigh. Field Service what another waste of time, seriously so many people just not interested. Perhaps they have been on the internet and done their research, good on them i say. I do minial hours each month. I am an older person with health problems so i can get away with it. I dont go to SAD, CA or DAs anymore cant cope with these at all.

Cheers Lozza

• prologos
    prologos

(at the meetings) get a large size , bound notebook and start to TAKE NOTES.-------

Of whatever subject interests you, poems, bible contradictions, questionable texts(next weeks bible reading math 27:51 graves opened, bodies raised up.????), compose loveletters design your house. ( your work in the book looks like you are really paying attention, flattering the speakers ).

Plan your fade in your planner. your new interests, your new, wt-free mental life.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Ok... In the next week start going to the bathroom ALOT. At home, meetings, and ask to stop every 20 min at service and stay in the bathroom for 10 to 15 min. Then tell a little white lie that you went to the doctor and found out you have irritable bowel syndrome. You can't do part as it comes on so frequently. Service can become more sporadic....

If you feel bad about lying, then suck it up till summer time...good luck

• jw07
    jw07

It's all about acting.

1. Practice your 'kingdom smile' and talking points when idle.

2. Glance through the material prior to meeting (I can mark all the correct answers to an entire watchtower study in 5 mins so my blank pages don't stand out, even though I know it's a load of horse sht).

3. Give compliments...lots of compliments for the slightest thing you can find: Brother X fumbles through the bible reading or a talk, put on that 'kingdom smile', go over and give him the warmest two-faced compliment you can muster.

4. When at meetings, look studious, but let your imagination help you pass the time. Do your accounting, think about where you would like to vacation, think of ways to expose the wbts and wake up friends and family, think about what it would be like to get up under the skirt of hot Sister Sarah Smith*.

*some names have been changed ;-)

• inbetween
    inbetween

"*some names have been changed ;-)" LOL

• magotan
    magotan

I dob't plan on fading; im going to DA soon.

I skipped this weeks meeting under the guise of Work, but that wont last long.

Special day assembky is comung up soon....I dont think I can do it without screaming.

Special

• Comatose
    Comatose

Macklemore - Same Love

great song. Listen if you haven't.

Live on and be yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit