Another rumor about changes in Watchtower and Awake

by wannaexit 45 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It's only a rumor. But we all know that sometimes rumors become a reality.

Supposedly the public watchtower and awake magazines will be combined together and the two shall become one.

I wonder if the present 16 page "rags" are becoming an embarrassment. They truly are rags of the lowest quality.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

As with their literature, the WT organization itself is a joke of the lowest quality!

• jgnat
    jgnat

IF THEY DO, just think of the cost savings. They can send home more Bethelites with nary a penny in their pocket. Halve the administration.

IF THEY DO, I wonder at the lowered status of the Writing department in the organization. Are they coming out with a book this year?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i think its nice how jehovahs organization is finding ways to save money and still get the truth into peoples hands, its very refreshing. indeed only by means god jehovahs holy spirit and direction

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

jgnat is right. If it is true, its to save $$. After all no one really reads them anyway, except at a meeting.

How many people have tons of those mags lying around the house? I know we did. Eventually I would just trash them.

• JeffT
    JeffT

It would makes sense, and I sort of expected it when they went to two editions of the watchtower. It would be a lot smarter to have one magazine for the public and another for in house use.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

"Supposedly the public watchtower and awake magazines will be combined together and the two shall become one."

A marriage only dubs could love.

• label licker
    label licker

When the mags got cut in half so did the shifts. They went from two shifts down to one. There were none that had to leave. They just got moved around to other departments.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I can just see it The Watchawake. Or maybe The Awatchtower? I like that one, it has a ring to it.

• Eustace
    Eustace

wannaexit

Would the Awake-Watchtower be 32 pages?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit