I didn't expect to be here at age 49. Here as in my employment

by wha happened? 29 Replies latest social family

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Better than 59!!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    one door closes another opens up...

Those words are so true. After I got screwed over in a job situation, my fellow Supervisor buddy told me, "one door closes, another opens up." Just over a year later, and I had a much better job & position, and making double the salary. My buddy is now working for me, and his salary was doubled also. Good things do happen to good people.

P.S....Forgot to mention, that I took legal action against my ex-employer and settled out-of-court with them.

• zeb
    zeb

JakeM2012.

correct. i wont employ brothers in any area

1. they expect full market fees/pay

2. They dont turn up when they say they will or are late "Wasnt that a lovely meeting last night.."

3. Workmanship is less than average. "New order is coming"

4. Other jw 'visit' and everyone stands around and talks.

5. If is weeks before a convention its no show as we/they/he "has a meeting part to do"

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Whathappened,

What are your passions? I have always told my boys: find what you love, the money will follow.

• gorgia
    gorgia

whahappened,

From reading your posts, I think you are very smart & witty - you will land on your feet, I'm sure.

Roberta804's advice sounds perfect - I wish my parents had spoken to me like that.

gorgia x

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I lost my job at 50. I was a systems analyst in telecommunications With no degree an in a declining industry, the chances of landing anything similar seemed remote. I had a small part time business, so I did that full time for six years. This is a creative, antiques oriented business that is my passion. Unfortunately I do not make very much money at it, especially when compared to my former career. After a move to a different state, and a severe health crises I am struggling to get my business going again. I am in a tough spot, too young for Social Security, too old to start over in another career, and too sick to work full time, but nit disabled enough for disability. I am lucky that my husband has a stable job and money is not an issue, but still it is hard to feel sort of useless. I do some volunteer work and that feels nice, and it is a relief not to have to work full time, but I miss the validation of a healthy paycheck.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well another business I had approached a year ago who had declined our offer to purchase, appraoched me directly. I guess they didn't like my partners but I'm ok. We are busy working the numbers. It's nice because it's only 4 blocks away, and when I move in the next month or two, it's still about 10 minutes away. Crossing my fingers

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

wha happen, are you working right now? The economy is getting better so I think the hiring for different jobs will open up. How much do you need to get by salary wise? We all can kick around ideas and hopefully find you some decent employment.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Unemployment throws me a few bones. Plus I have some money, making me a little money as well. some 2nds on some houses I helped finance. Plus my wife is employed. If I gauge my income, I can last some time. I just didn't want to lose momentum.

Well as I mentioned, I am seriously thinking about taking the new purchase on. I know where they aren't very efficiant so I can clean alot of that operation up as soon as I begin. I'm supposed to make up my mind by MOnday

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

wha happen, how long does it take you to run through the books of your possible aquisition, and have you used anyone to attempt to project the potential revenue over the next year? I know you know, but some people jump head first and do not run their business with great frugalness and lots of 80+ hours a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit