I didn't expect to be here at age 49. Here as in my employment

by wha happened? 29 Replies latest social family

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

employ yourself small time

put a sign out the front, in the local rag, start an internet biz setting up blogs for people...you may (or may not be) surprised at how many people just want a snazzy blogspot without paying thousands for a website

Oz

• zeb
    zeb

You are damn lucky to be getting anything out of the'partners'.

My brother was ripped off by another 'brother' (business partner)and went from a hard won wealthy life to 'hand in your credit cards please'.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Sent you a PM

• wasblind
    wasblind

wha happened?: I wish I could get paid for making snarky comments, that seems to be a skill I have.

You got me thinkin' Wha happened political pundits do exactly that

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Could you start up a little consultancy from home?? At least it would give you something to do. Or you could troll around on witness sites

I eventually got a job (after being unemployed and depressed last year) but my god it's the most borning job. I literally do nothing - now some people may say ""ooooh that's nice"" IT's NOT. It's been a month now and I just can't fake busy anymore. I've applied to the company I was temping at - they want what they call a permanent temp. It's in the industry I love and I've put myself confidently forward. Now I wait.

I've also been typing up my poetry and will send that off to publishers once it's done.

ooooor what's your passion - do that and you'll never have to work again.

Mines cooking. God I love it. In SA we just don't have the same level of food culture like the States.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

You are damn lucky to be getting anything out of the'partners'.

My brother was ripped off by another 'brother' (business partner)and went from a hard won wealthy life to 'hand in your credit cards please

My partners knew I'm not afraid of litigation. They didn't want trouble. But I do have some of those, "an elder ripped me off" stories as well from partnering up with dubs in the past

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Hey man! smoke some weed, get mellow by the beach bro.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Wha happened? I'm 49, have similar experience of what you have gone through. In other words, "Been there done that" expecially with the "brother" business partners, the "spiritual and fleshly family" business partners, and while I have strong evidence that I consistantly gave them not only fair, but get this, an equal financial deal,... (oh lord, and why.) What did I receive? What could I expect from Bethelites and ex-Bethelites? Did I say family???: I got screwed, Big Time. As far as the withdrawl from activity in the company and watch you flounder from coping with dissatisfied customers, financial losses, lost accounts, as the economy contracted; just because they wanted to cash out of the company and go work at Bethel as a volunteer for nothing? I had to work for nothing in my "worldly" company, and they expected me to do that, but they would not work unless paid top dollar, even if they didn't show up, let alone for nothing. HaHa. I guess it was my priviledge to employ ex-Bethelites. They had a problem of saying what they wanted. No, they had a problem letting their yes mean yes and their No..,. No. . I guess this is what JW's have learned as their "Divine Education" at Bethel. Oh, I've learned alot also. When it comes to Brothers, RUN!!!!

The last years have been difficult, and 2013 has indicators that it will be the same or worse. I understand your pain, and all I can say is that you are not alone.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Me & you, in a mid-life crisis together. Want to go fishing or hunting?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@WH - Dude one door closes another opens up...IMO you could start a blog and really shine talking about TTATT...in a snarky way of course!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit