Fantasy "Forbidden Fruit" Ex-Witness Party

by CaptainSchmideo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Music - Lots of Earth, Wind & Fire, of course...

Food - A "Thanksgiving" feast (i.e., roast turkey with ALL the trimmings)... 'cause what in the WORLD can be wrong with giving thanks?!!)

Videos - "Thank God It's Friday", "The Gods Must Be Crazy"... pretty much anything with the word "God" in it...

Dress - Hot pants, with fishnet stockings and lace-up platform "go-go" boots, false eyelashes with LOTS of liner, a short faux "fur" jacket, and the biggest honkin' afro I could get my hair up into... alá Cleopatra Jones. Given some of the comments from folks on this board, though, I'd leave the semiautomatic at home...

Fun thread, thanks! Peace!

SA, on her own...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My stolen Smurf!!! Roberta804

Very Funny, yes, there must be Smurfs. My MIL took it upon herself to repeat this nonsense to my then 8 year old daughter. Scared her so bad we had to throw it away. What kind of an idiot makes children afraid that a demon will out of a silly toy. arrrgggg.

So my daughter is in her thirties now. As a joke I ordered her a smurf keyring on Amazon. She got it and was puzzled as to whether she had ordered something while drunk one night. Then it hit her...... ah, must be from mom. Just my way of apologizing for bringing her up in a cult

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Lisa Rose, LOVED your smurf story. Ahhh, at least we can laugh about it now!

• Adiva
    Adiva

A copy of the album Santana Abraxas so we could play Black Magic Woman. I would dress the part as she but would prefer not to be topless.

Adiva

• rebel8
    rebel8

All things that would never happen in a kh!

It would be a party to celebrate a friend graduating from college.

There'd be a box by the door to collect food for the homeless.

People would be kind and respectful to each other.

There'd be an open discussion about something scientific and stimulating.

People would have different opinions and that would be welcomed.

Women would be treated as mental and social equals.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

For music I'd bring Godsmack, Metallica, Disturbed or basically any of the "forbidden" music. That would include the Beatles to right? Oh better yet KISS (You know, Knights In Satan's Service).

Not sure about the food, I like Aguest turkey dinner idea.

Movies, let's see, Star Wars, Anne, E.T. Passion of the Christ...All of the forbidden movies...oh let's not forget The Twilight Sage.

I like the idea of the Thriller Video (I just recently watched it to see what was so bad about it and I thought it was pretty cool)

Video games: I'd bring Halo, World of War Craft, Modern Warfare, Mass Effect and Skyrim, Diabol 3, Dante's Inferno, Prototype....there are tons more I could mention, but I think you get the idea...I've heard JW mention these games by name saying you shouldn't play them.

Dress, I'd say let's have a costume party. I'll be the one dressed as Sparlock. My husband will be dressed in a T-shirt with a picture of Sparlock saying "Do you know TTATT?"

Final idea, We should hire mascots....A Smurf and Sparlock!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Awesome all of you. I can tell Gojira is MY kid, she's got my warped sense of humor. I love KISS & Godsmack.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Oh yes! A great big gigantic communal birthday cake! With lots of candles (one each) and sparklers!

And why not go all out and make it a 3D Sparlock cake to celebrate all our birthdays (but not life-size as that wouldn't be very big)

Let the party begin!

• likeabird
    likeabird

It looks like a Sparlock cake has yet to be made. Hmm...

So here's some inspiration:

A little small for us lot, but colours and figurine nice. (Looks a bit like Moses LOL)

Could put a big WatchTower on top of a big with Sparlock at the top waving his thing.

Looks like a WT cake has never been made either, so some more inspiration:

Not forgetting the jangly bits - the dragon, the scrolls, and these:

Aren't they great?

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

A Christmas tree, Christmas presents and a church choir to sing carols.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit