I HAVE NEVER MET A JW WHO WAS NOT HAPPY...

by OneStepOut93 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So then why do "The Happiest People on Earth" have a higher rate of depression than the rest of society?

• not bitter
    not bitter

How do you know they have the highest rate of depression than the rest of society? Is that a proven fact?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've known plenty of JWs on anti-depressants. They don't qualify as happy. And just because a group of people can force smiles and claim that they are happy, doesn't mean that any of it is sincere.

I'm not sure if I understand your situation well enough to give advice. Are you showing interest in JWs because you're interested in this JW girl? If it's just a matter of your family, you only need to plan a fade.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

not bitter: How do you know they have the highest rate of depression than the rest of society? Is that a proven fact?

Good question. While this cannot be answered with the same kind of absolute certainty that the GB seems to have when they make any of their assertions, there is nonetheless compelling anecdotal evidence combined with a few scientific studies to support this claim.

Check out this article on JWFacts:

• not bitter
    not bitter

Thanks for the link 00DAD, I'm reading through it now

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good, enjoy!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I have never met a JW who was not happy"

I`ve never met a JW who would`nt Lie their Ass Off for the WBT$..

Good JW`s..

Lie for "The Truth"..

............................ mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi OneStepOut93, Have you thought about going on fun outings with your friend to places that she can meet non-JWs, who she would share common interests? When she is having fun and is happy, ask her open ended questions about what is making her happy. When she is at WTBTS events and seems sad, ask her open ended questions about what is bothering her. Always ask simple, non-doctrinal questions about how she feels to get her to think to help her authentic persona to come out more. The main concept is to avoid asking her about any WTBTS doctrinal issues which will activate her cult persona and she will raise her WTBTS shields.

If you do ask her about doctrinal issues, always ask her how she feels about doctrinal issues of other dangerous cults to help her authentic persona emerge and say how she feels. After getting her to state her true feelings, then ask her an open ended question about the WTBTS which will expose her cognitive dissonance and wait for her answer. The longer the wait the better. JWs are predictable, so make plan(s), do your research, go slowly, and be flexible in your approach.

Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cuts and Beliefs"), visited his website, or watched videos of him like the following video?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Best of wishes awakening your JW friend.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Work on getting yourself out and free FIRST!

Than try and get your friend to see the TATT.

Please first and foremost get out while your young and got your WHOLE LIFE ahead of you!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Part of the mental indoctrination that the WTS. implies is to show how happy the people who are members of this organizations are.

A marketing strategy to support the organization.

It must be remembered that every person who becomes a JWS is essentially being curtailed and designed to

be a sales representative for the WTS., so smiling when either going door to door or at the Kingdom Halls is a created must do.

Your even expected to be smiling during Armageddon when people are are being wiped out and destroyed all around .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit