I HAVE NEVER MET A JW WHO WAS NOT HAPPY...

by OneStepOut93 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Says a woman on a Y!A forum. OF COURSE NO WITNESS WOULD SAY THEY WEREN'T HAPPY Or else you would go and ask other witnesses about it and that person would be found out for feeling this way or having doubts and would get into some hot water with the elders . Poor, uneducated soul.

BY THE WAAAAAAY.... I need some avice. Okay so I have a friend, my one, only, and best friend I have who is a JW (I am still forced to go to meetings and putting on a happy JDUB face so my family will speak to me for the time being)... and I love her so much. She shows a lot of doubt and we have talked before but I think she's afraid to fully come out and say she doesn't want to be a witness. (She's 18 I'm 19).. Her mother and father are very pressuring on her. Now I don't just want to come all out and express my thoughts that this religion is a cult but I want to SLOWLY put some seeds of doubt in her mind... does ANYONE have some questions that will make her think?

Oh and btw, I almost BARFED this last Thursday because I had my study (trying to be all witness like atm) and my study said (who is a regular pioneer and was once at Bethel) said she thought I have what it takes to be a regular pioneer. (I'm not even baptized)... Anyways in addition, does anyone (especially ex elders or ex elders wives) have any type of words or answers I can throw into my study to make me seem more indoctrinated? I want to over frost the cake. So no one is suspicious of me of course.

• not bitter
    not bitter

You haven't met my mother. She openly admits she's miserable

• not bitter
    not bitter

Sorry, I don't have any advise for you but I'm sure others will be along shortly

• andrekish
    andrekish

You haven't met one of the ex elders from here in the UK. He's currently doing loads of time for child abuse.

He ain't happy.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

In my old congregation about 80% of the sisters were on anxiety and depression meds and about 50 % of the brothers.

They have to pretend they are happy since they proclaim being "the happiest people on earth".

But really, what do they have to be happy about? They are slaves for a publishing cult and are ALWAYS told they need to do more, more, more and more is never good enough!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Don't frost the cake too much! Seriously. You will find yourself pressured into baptism and then df'd or da'd and unable to talk to family and friends.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Not Bitter as well. Obviously this lady you read of whom is stating this didn't know any of the Witnesses I knew years ago while I was in the organization. My own JW mom who is almost 86 now- she suffers from bouts of depression at times having to feel sawn asunder by her patriarchal elder husband- my dad- who always lets her know that he is " the head. " Sometimes my mom is her spunky self these days- yet I sense a growing frustration within her of having to put up with WT crap for so many years and feel as if her voice isn't listened to after 60 + years in the cult. One reason I stay in touch with her so much to try and cheer her up. She lives over 4 hours away. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is your friend's hobbies and interests? What are her passions? What part of the WTS doctrine disturbs her? Knowing what her issues are is the key. Ask questions in those areas.

I agree with taking it easy on the cake frosting. I keep Witnesses at a genteel distance by being bland. Bland as white bread and mayonnaise. Deep down they know it is damned boring; I simply confirm it. When hubby asks about the Memorial, I reply, "It was about the same as last year" (it was). The oh-so-exciting drama? "The costumes were OK." Pubishing/Pioneering? "Walking is good for people".

• tiki
    tiki

i have never been happier in my life than i am now that i am out of that miserable religion.

remember you are young - don't know if you are in college, but i certainly hope you have clear plans of getting a good education and choosing a career with which to support yourself. everyone needs that, plain and simple.

i agree with the idea that "over-frosting" it is not the way to go. i would pull back and start expressing individuality and your real thoughts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are fake happy. Most of them have that stupid plastic smile on their faces, and will take all sorts of abuse. They claim to love anyone and everyone--whether such deserve love or not. This is "agape", and is the most bogus "love" of them all. Yet, I don't think any of them would show any love (of any kind) to Satan, who was the one that tried to liberate us from joke-hova's tyranny in Eden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit