Cell Phones Distracting from the LIfe-saving message

by AuntBee 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We had a Regular Pioneer in our Congregation who ran his own business, he was on his cell phone more than knocking on doors, but only criticised behind his back, because he was an Elder. He counted all the time as FS time of course.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

there is no such thing as a free lunch. The bill will come due.

In regards to the phone. That is quite insulting. It shows how much they value their time with you. I guess they feel that since Aunt Bee isn't paying for our time, she will get her money's worth.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well they do distract, but are necessary. I know someone in our car group doesn't have any concept on time and would make the car group wait hours before she figured it out. Sending her a text is milder, than knocking on that person's door with a unhappy face.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I guess everyone has their own take on cell phones!

Thanks for the link, AnnOMaly, LOL!

Yes, it sure was helpful in that situation, Quarterback.

I'm pretty easy going and wasn't really taking it personally, i just made the observation, because i've spoken to JWs for years (usually by their initiative ) , and i think they are changing. I think there is noticeably less zeal and relish for defending their doctrines, than there used to be. At least from an outsider's perspective.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

its not free aunt bee...they want your life!

but I do admit, you can run out after the meal and not pay the bill....

Oz

• Londo111

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit