If they stop printing the yearly totals, will they stop tracking hours?

by Splash 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea the WT has the pubs busy competing for rightiousness. I remember during the different tract campaigns, the pubs were comparing the number of pioneers from each hall.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It is the only thing that the borg can hold over the heads of the RF dubs. If they stopped making the RF dubs report their time they would have a tough time getting any of them to bang on doors.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

or lsitening to the dribble in mags. It's just something to keep them busy. Serves no purpose as the GB is well aware of the fact that the door to door activities bring in a small minority of people into that organization.

• Splash
    Splash

Dropping the monthly reports would provide an equalising.

No more 15 mins for elderly, 10 for pubs, 50 for Aux's or 70 for Reg pio's.

The CO meeting with the pio's wouldn't turf out the lowly Aux pio's after 30 mins, leaving the creamy Reg pio's for the remainder of the meeting.

Each would do what his heart motivated him to do.

The total yearly hours would plummet like a mill stone.

Splash

• Ding
    Ding

The GB seems intent on exercising more and more control, not less.

I can't imagine them no longer counting hours.

Think of how the field service system would collapse if they did.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

or lsitening to the dribble in mags. It's just something to keep them busy. Serves no purpose as the GB is well aware of the fact that the door to door activities bring in a small minority of people into that organization.

It is just another tool to try and guilt the RF and keep them in line. I recall as a young dub it was never good enough. If you put in 5 hours then you can do 10, if you put in 10 hours then you can do 15 etc.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I think the Printing Company has been grabbing at straws for the past 20 years to keep afloat. They have downsized greatly, selling this and that(property), downsizing their products (the WT is nothing more than a tract of what it use to be). They are also trying to appease their volenteers by decreasing the amount of required hours. Back in the day a reg pioneer had to put in a 100 hours a month! Now they are begging for volenteers to report 15 minutes! WTF? Damn... if all I had to report was 15 minutes a month to keep them off my back I could have done a lot as a teen and young adult.

I have a strong gut feel this company is not going to be around for very much longer. I know I certainly would not invest in it with it's current history as a company. It has been on a slow, painful decline since 1976 and just what it is that it has to draw anyone is something I just cannot see.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I don't think the 'rank & file' pay any attention to the Annual Service Report anyway. The WTS has pushed it out of the WT, to the front part of the Yearbook and now to the very back. Most probably didn't even note it. Even in the U.S. KM that note "Highlights" really don't show increases anymore (maybe for a couple independent islands, but actual U.S).

If any really did seriously check it out, I think they'd have to get depressed. Hardly much notable increases truly.

• Splash
    Splash

If they did stop tracking hours, how on earth would they know who to appoint as MS and elders?

Yes, yes, I know about 1Tim 3 and Titus 1, but it's the HOURS which matter, not the Apostle Paul's silly lists.

Splash.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I strongly doubt it. It would lead to token appearances at random service meetings, fewer doors knocked, and then off to the weekend. People wouldn't know it, but they'd be keeping up appearances and little else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit