The Guardian hints strongly at why cults like Watchtower get off so lightly with the UK press...

by cedars 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Marked.

Something I've wondered about for the last two years. Of course, that is Britian...why do they get off so light on the other side of the pond?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Cedars, Have you thought about writing to UK politicians about changing UK libel laws especially for organizations and maybe slightly for individuals? It seems that the WTBTS could use the same UK libel laws to attack UK based internet sites.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hard to believe that the wt is more litigious than is scientology. The wt claims to be persecuted, yet kills any unfavorable media in the cradle.

Rachel, who started the exjw reunited site here in UK took part in the "4 thought tv" series which was a very short slot inbetween programmes giving people's opinions and experiences on various subjects, one of which was religion.

Out of hundreds guess which one got pulled from the Channel 4 website shortly after being aired?

• clarity
    clarity

Wasblind ..... I just love your posts!

>

Nooooooooooooooo No , No , No Say it ain't Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't breathe, can't breathe, gimme some water , I'm all choked up

clarity

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hard to beat the cost of free lawyers. Fighting things in court is rarely about right and wrong, it is about how much money are you willing to spend on atttorneys. Everyone knows it, but nobody can do anything to fix it.

Free speech can be killed in the name of religious freedom. Its kind of hilarious.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Say it ain't so

You mean to tell me that THIS THING IS FAKE?

-Sab

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Bookmarked.

PMed too, I am becoming a fan of wasblind for these great posts.

Wasblind! You'll be getting a cult following soon!

Sssh, don't tell anyone, but I'm also a secret admirer of Billy the ex-Bethelite!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lies, Lies, Lies

Go to school to become Doctors and Lawyers ????????

That is the Stupidest thing I ever heard !!!!!!!!!!

That's jus' like applyin' to a company that's goin' outta businesss !!!!!!!!!

Ain't no need for all that in paradise

It ain't our free lawyers folks fightin' against. They runnin' outta

money cuz they fightin' against Je- HOVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaa

Liars !!!!!!! That's Persecution

Lyin Apostates

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank You , But OUTLAW IS THE MAN in my book

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

good thing their own JW-children are leaving and people are contributing less $$$$$..............

that's the only bright thing about the watchtower future!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit