I blew up tonight!!!

by msconcerned 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can ask these questions.

You just have to be careful to only ask them of family members who are important to you, and then never offer your own opinion. Never do their thinking for them.

Welcome to the forum

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome my friend, to the show that never ends

Glad to hear you see the exit...

PS mind yer step

• cantleave
    cantleave

msconcerned - enjoy the path to becoming the real you!

• 88JM
    88JM

I was made to watch this video last night too with my dad. I had forgotten how much it screemed "IT'S A CULT! IT'S A CULT!"

It clearly wasn't made for "outsiders" surely, because anyone who saw it would think, "what the hell? who are these weirdos?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Ms.

You are waking up to the stupidity of blind faith. That poor bloke needs to believe that Jehovah(TM) is helping him to avoid the mind destroying reality that we are alone.

I went from born in JW to Christian to atheist.

I won't tell anyone what to believe but I can see you're travelling a path away from the mind dead JWs.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You're not wrong to reason the way you do msconcerned.

Seems odd doesn't it that the 'God' that created the 'amazing' brain wants or even demands that we put its abilities of logic on hold in order to show we have 'faith' in him.

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

Ugg... I remember these stories. When I was a kid there was a horrible storm, what started as a tornado warning quickly turned into a flash flood. It just happened to be a Thursday which was our meeting night. We didn't go because my mom was sick and my dad was working late. Although my sister was there with one of her friends. Anyway, the worst of the storm was at a main intersection near the KH. According to my sister, they wouldn't let anyone leave when the tornado sirens started, our KH didn't have a basement so they all just stayed in the main meeting area. No windows at least. lol

As the flash flood hit some were trapped in cars and I remember the story of a police officer trying to rescue a child and they both died. I don't much remember anyone talking about how sad the loss of lifes were, what I do remember was them going on and on about how fortunate all of the witnesses were that they had went to the KH that night. That Jehovah kept them all safe. At the time I remember thinking how horrible it was, and honestly based on their reasoning shouldn't I have been dead since I wasn't at the KH that night? Not to mention, how many able bodied "brothers" were there that could have lent a helping hand to those outside the KH but didn't? <insert big eye roll here>

There is no way to understand such distorted thinking and fortunately I gave up on trying a long time ago. :)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They'll believe what ever it is that makes Jehovah(TM)/the Holy Governing Body(R) look wonderful.

That which can't be explained is 'chance and unforseen circumstance'(R) or 'satan'(TM).

No wonder so many JW's are on meds.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello msconcerned

The truth is, whether you believe in a higher power or not

everyone hopes for somethin', without hope your reason for livin'

dries up

In' an unforeseen occurance, all any of us can do

is accept the things we can not change.

In hopes to get through an unforseen occurance a believer may pray for guidance

along wit supplication

A non believer also have hope , no matter how difficult, they too will press on

for a better day.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** God physically helped this man cope, but did not physically help to keep his family alive*****

I blew up, and so did I and so will everyonr else that may share tragedy in their life.

When Bad Things Happen to Good People ..Harold Kushner !

The book of Job!

I lost a my father and younger sister last year within 3 months of each other. I stayed in a hospice for over a week 24/7 beside my dying wife some years ago. Conclusion for me, when it comes to physical stuff, you are pretty much on your own. I don't pray for anything like that now, healings, jobs, find my car keys !!! However, am I going to live the rest of my life with self pity and resentment ! Is there a spiritual presence of serenity by letting go and letting God ?

A life span of 70+ years followed by a burning hell would be the plan of a capricious God. I can't belive believe God is like that. Do I have the answers NO, did JOB ? Did H.Kushner ?...however, if there is solace and a resting place in a spiritual dimension, I will not refuse that, don't want to wake up anymore with vomit in my mouth from a binge of alcohol and drugs. Don't want to be an AH with the people and friends that are still in my life, and who knows maybe the storey of Job is real.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit