The Cat in the Can

by Jim_TX 5 Replies latest social humour

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Funny story:

Every morning, I feed the cats outside. I give them dry cat food, and also two small cans of cat food. Well, I got a big tall can of cat food that I fed them yesterday morning. I usually leave the small cans on the porch, and the cats gladly clean them, and later on I place them in the recycle garbage can.

Well, yesterday morning, I left the tall can on the porch. A few minutes later, my wife and I hear a 'BANG' against the screen door. We go to look, and see one of the cats that had gotten his head, ears and all stuck inside the can. He was stumbling around trying to extricate himself from the can - with no success.

I almost fell over laughing, but my wife scolded me and said to help him (which I was going to do anyway). I calmly talked to him, and surprisingly, he stood still while I grabbed the can and pulled. It was difficult getting it off - he had filled it pretty well with his head. It came off with a 'pop'.

When I finally got it off of his head, he just sat there calmly for a bit allowing me to pet him, before he headed off for another adventure.

As he trotted away, the other cats were looking at him like, "You Idiot! That was MY can!"

• St George of England
    St George of England

We are asked to squash the ends of cans together before placing in the recycling box to prevent this happening.

George

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I love a good kitty story ,thanks Jim . i am glad you stopped laughing long enough to save him ! LOL

• label licker
    label licker

That happened to a dog and it died. Another time up north a dog got a hold of a sharp can and kept licking it till it's tongue was bleeding and didn't stop. You could see the blood trail in the snow and at the end of that trail was the can. Raccoons hang out with ferrel cats and they've gotton into alot of mischief like their heads stuck in peanut butter jars. Be careful and be responsible and enjoy! Sounds like your having with fun with them. Listen to your wife.

We had a ferrel cat keeping warm and sleeping with the coons in the winter and then I started feeding her, then she knew what the inside of the house felt like and then she wouldn't leave us alone so I got her fixed and cleaned up and she rules the rotti. I named her Jezebel. I miss her friends that she would bring to the back door every night, seven baby coons. Now if I open up the door she pokes her head outside but won't go out.

• tiki
    tiki

awwwwwwwwwww - thanks for feeding the strays!!! you have a heart - and for saving tomboy!!

we once had a rubbish can in a carport and had some fish or meat wrappings, whatever it was i really don't remember - but an oppossum got in and never managed to get out - months later my husband found the carcass...........(it was winter/frozen)

then there was a pigeon that ate his way into a birdfeeder and died in there - he was too dammm fat to get back out apparently.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is funny, I can picture that in my head, too bad you didn't take a picture. I have a cat I got at the shelter last year, she likes the surprise attack. She grabs our ankles from under the bed, sneaks behind the couch, then jumps up and bops us on the heaD, she is always thinking if some new thing to drive crazy, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit