Apostates are narrow-minded victims of brainwashing who believe everything they read

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

Cedars: I'm not afraid of them, I just don't have time for them.

Completely understandable.

Do you do everything on your website by yourself, or do you have help? How practicle would it be to assign out some of the writing (or responding) to other knowledgable and eloquent writers? Or would that just open up a whole new time consuming venture in itself?

• sd-7
    sd-7

As a JW, I certainly used to be paranoid of everything, except JWs. Strange as it was, the more I read Batman comics, the more my perspective was broadened on just how important it was to expect the unexpected and question even the people you trust. When it finally came down to it, I realized I'd totally turned my back on the Society, I completely trusted them to do the right thing, never even suspected they could be capable of doing something wrong. Eventually I was confronted with the stark reality--that something was wrong with the JW organization, and that maybe it was time to find out what.

This person wasn't a troll--they were just expressing what an average JW might say in the face of being confronted with any negative statement about the organization. They can't understand what's being done to them, but the fact that this person was on the site to begin with is an indication that somewhere in there, they were questioning something.

I don't believe this crusade many of us are sort of involved in is about just being negative. It's about exposing facts for what they are--something that good news reporters should be doing, but often the media is ignorant of the destructive influence used by cults. It's important that the people who do know this make an effort to get the word out and inform people. Keeping people from being deceived and recruited into a group that will destroy their individuality and freedom of thought and even compromise their most basic right to live and pursue happiness--that's as positive as you can get.

When a group of people who are proven and clearly practiced liars and abusers routinely engage in mud-slinging against anyone who speaks out about and exposes in clear, well-documented terms what they're doing, it's only right that the other side gets to have a say. Ex-JWs who got silenced for speaking out are using what means they can to do just that, to offer their side of the story. I'm not sure the person who posted those remarks even fully understands what brainwashing really is, or how subtle the JW version of it can be. Who knows? One day maybe this person will wake up.

If you want people to see both sides, you can't delete someone who disagrees, but if they're clearly just being abusive, then I can understand your choice. I don't know. I respect your choice to delete comments like that, though, cedars. I might've done the same thing, if I was having a bad day...

--sd-7

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Cedars. You are awesome!! The WTBTS has a lot more to fear from you and your website now.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cedars
    cedars

irondork

Do you do everything on your website by yourself, or do you have help? How practicle would it be to assign out some of the writing (or responding) to other knowledgable and eloquent writers? Or would that just open up a whole new time consuming venture in itself?

As of this moment it's just about manageable. I do the moderating and writing and Juan Viejo2 is the webmaster. However, as things become more of a stretch in the future I may well have to bring in more people to even the load. I'm already trying to introduce new writers with Richard Kelly and donuthole contributing articles recently. Admittedly I'm still quite "precious" when it comes to the daily running of the site, but as things become increasingly busy with various projects I may well need to welcome others into the team.

Cedars

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Well - all I can say is what a great job you are doing. I only wish I had the time and patience.

If I had my way I would just blow Witchtower HQ sky high!

HB

• nugget
    nugget

JWs are deluded people and this comment shows they are. They complain about generalizations whilst making sweeping tatements of their own. I have argued with JWs and had tremendous fun doing so but I know that they just cannot see the flaws in their own arguments.

It is good to have their perspective on a page it shows they took the time to look. They are not as strong in the religion as they think they are that is the irony.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

it is always better for people visiting this website to see for themselves how blinkered and accusatory Watchtower apologists can be. You provide a stunning example in this regard.

PMSL

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is still a huge amount of racism and prejudice in this world and it is sickening. It disgusts me, not because I am a Jehovah’s Witness, but because I am human. People seem to find nothing better than to highlight the negatives of everything. All the news is just propaganda; newspapers don’t sell when they write about happiness and success. Failure, murderers, extremists, death, devastation among other negative things sells. Things that scare people and about other people. This only leads to more prejudice and discrimination. People are so narrow minded that they believe whatever they read and whatever they hear.

This was just too much for me. It was written by someone who either has no familiarity with Watchtower teachings, or is a dishonestly corrupt liar.

Newspapers are full of all sorts of sports, entertainment, lifestyle, business and political news, plus there is also a measure of crime and slime. Now if you open up a copy of some Watchtower publication, you will get a huge dose of fear, murder, violence, devastation and other negative things. If you converse with them, they will have fearful depressing views about current events. They especially are keen on slandering and negative comments about people who have different beliefs than they do.

If I wanted to take the time to respond to this cat, it would be with a series of negative hateful fearful quotes from recent Watchtower publications, and I would agree with his denouncement of such negativity.

Cedars, I appreciate your sense of frustration with such humanoid bricks.

• jhine
    jhine

sd-7 can I ask you why Watchtower members will not look into things for themselves ? I do get the brainwashing bit ,but could you expand on that so that I can understand more . As I stated earlier (at length !!) I have repeatedly BEGGED my Watchtower friends to read the writings of some of the Early Church Fathers . I thought that this would be something that was not so hard as these very people are mentioned in the SYBITT book ,so in my obvious ignorance it seemed to me that that would be less threatening to them than suggesting going on an apostate website for instance . However all I get is that blank stare that I know means that they would rather chew their arm off that do that! AS someone who admits to having being paranoid of everything other than Watchtower in the past is it poss for you to explain this mindset more fully ?

Can you help me in any way to get past that barrier ? Also do you mnd if I ask what' s your current spiritual state ? It appears to me that many who figure out for themselves the truth about the Watchtower become quite ante any religion , is that so in your experience ? I don't mean to be a nusance I just really want to learn more .

• lostinthought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit