Apostates are narrow-minded victims of brainwashing who believe everything they read

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Lisa Rose , thank you for your posting , I was partly basing my repy to Tiktaalik on tha fact that Cedars had refered to the Watchtower as" still my church " on another thread , from this I obviously did infer that he is still on the inside looking out . That and reading too quickly did make me miss the point . Have slapped myself round the head a few times and offer humble appologies to Cedars.I am not always so stupid but am sincere in trying to witness to witnesses so yes please any tips on how to do this would be most welcome .

• cedars
    cedars

jhine

Have slapped myself round the head a few times and offer humble appologies to Cedars.

lol, no need to apologise! I'm sorry for confusing you with my OP.

Cedars

• maisha
    maisha

Cedars:

throw the comment into a page for comments in General from our readers.

it will get buried in the mud eventually. if you are opening up individualy articules then you are open to detracting comments.

You will have a mix of comments i am sure.. it also shows publically that you are not afriad to be open.

remember the wtbs is afriad, by blocking it you are doing the same. the above offers a quick easy solution

good luck...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This really made me laugh at 1st, then sigh in disgust. Because it reminded me of a conversation I had with my JW buddy yesterday, as I was dealing with my MIL health issues and govt aid. Everytime he contributed to the conversation, it was either something he thought up at the moment, or something he "heard" from the "friends".. Some of his points were so stupid I had to ask him to re state them, because I couldn't believe an adult actually stated it. The bottom line is he wasn't even concerened with facts, or data from anyone other than a JW. Despite my constant dealings with social workers and case workers, I apparently had it wrong.

The narrow mindedness of his conversation was just a carry over from his religious views.

That post wasn't a troll, just a typical dub. After all, aren't they taught that all "apostates" are seeking veneration of themselves?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

did anyone besides me think that this is really funny?

Just like people put their faith in clearly corrupt governments, some people look to a god or gods to help them through

the logic/illogic in that sentence is priceless!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s not a troll,it`s a JW..

With a canned WBT$ message you would get from any JW..

The OP doesn`t address anything..

It coud be condensed into one sentence..

Your Wrong,We`re Right with a..

.............................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The rant sound very familiar ..The poster surely is, was or has been studying with J W's....some lines :

"Are you one of these people that because of Al-Qaeda now look at any Asian wearing a turban and label them as a terrorist,"

Actually, the only one that does that around me is a family member and diehard dub

" People seem to find nothing better than to highlight the negatives of everything. "

That is a WT line.. A typical final retort when they have no reasoning left

"Why not think for yourselves? Why do you take everything on face value? Why not question what is being told to you?"

I get to hear that line all the time...My "friends on the net" have apparently corrupted my thinking and I am "too stupid to see through it"

Incidentally, it is of course up to Cedars how he treats the posting, but I think that it is so ridiculous that it proves our point....That apparent Wt believers are blind to reality.....

• Joliette
    Joliette

Sadly, whoever posted that is going to learn the hard way that that religion doesnt care anything for him or her. I hate that people have to learn the hard way. I'm not saying that they shouldnt believe in a higher form, or not believe in spirituality, but why would any person give up there mind for that cultish religion I will never understand why.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Cedars, I agree with what besty and irondork wrote. ExJWs and people adversely affected by the WTBTS must be more honest and transparent than the WTBTS on their websites, so that JWs can see the Truth about the WTBTS.

Is there a middle ground that you would consider for displaying this type of post so that people can read and understand how some people think and would not dilute the hard work that you put into your website? How about having a webpage for only displaying these type of rambling comments? You could call it "Rambling and Inflamable Posts".

Thank you for spending so much time and effort to help educate JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

After reflecting on some of the comments, I thought I would "undelete" the comment, "un-blacklist" the poster, and make him/her aware of this forum thread in case he/she wants to speak for themselves. If nothing else, it will be humourous for this person to see the reaction to his/her post. I have also made an apology for deleting the comment and banning the person, but I hope you can all understand my reasons for taking this action even if you would perhaps handle things differently depending on your outlook.

Here is my message to the poster....

Hello “Amazed”

Since we are speaking candidly, you should know that there are a number of people who are “amazed” at your outlook. In fact, there is an entire discussion thread about your comment on this link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/245433/1/Apostates-are-narrow-minded-victims-of-brainwashing-who-believe-everything-they-read Feel free to set up a forum account and get involved in answering people’s reactions to your statements on that website. I personally have no time to debate with you, not least because you don’t really seem interested in debate – only attack.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for deleting your comment and banning you from this website with such rapidity. On reflection, as others have reminded me, it is always better for people visiting this website to see for themselves how blinkered and accusatory Watchtower apologists can be. You provide a stunning example in this regard.

Thank you for contributing to this website, despite being told not to. I hope you wake up and smell the coffee at some point, but I won’t hold my breath.

Cedars

Apologies in advance to Simon if I have inadvertently introduced a troll to this forum. I suppose we will find out!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit