"ARMAGEDDON COULD HAPPEN"

by You Know 74 Replies latest social current

• You Know
    You Know

Even as apostate Dubs plan their next apostofest, world leaders speak of the very real possibility of an event so dreaded that they are evoking the image of the biblical Armageddon. In the wake of the Anglo-American policy revision of recklessly targeting various nations with the threat of a first-strike nuclear attack, it appears that Iraq has been singled out as the first on the hit list. In response to the increasing drum beat of war against the poster boy of evil, "Sodom" Hussian, the Jordanian king has warned that an attack upon Iraq may unleash uncontrollable destructive forces. In the king's own words: "Armageddon could happen."

Indeed, Armageddon will happen. But, more correctly, the uncoming war will more than likely simply initiate world-shaking events that will, in time, lead to Jehovah's intervention in the global confrontation called Armageddon. The great irony, of course, is that Jehovah's Witnesses have waited years for these developments, but even as the end of the present system is looming larger by the day, many imagine that the end is still along way off. / You Know

> http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/03/21/27108.html

• chezza
    chezza

Oh well i want to die happy then so let me eat and drink be merry for tomorrow i will die, oh and i forgot to add have plenty of hot sex.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Good. Anything is preferable than hearing you verbally wank yourself off every few months.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Congratulations "You Know", you are not alone. You are among the ranks of MILLIONS who have thought, throughout all times and ages in recorded history, that you are living in the "end-times" and that current events "prove" that the end will come RSN (real soon now).

It is amazing that this defective viewpoint has survived into the 21st century, a time that can clearly be marked as the best time for humans in general in all of history, using any measure you can think of (e.g. living conditions, quality of life, general health, death rate, birth rate, etc.).

Don't beleive me? Well just ask your friends at the United Nations, they keep track of these sorts of statistics. What's that? You don't have your UN library card anymore? No problem. Just go to any UN affiliated branch library (there are dozens around the world) and they can give you access to all the UN publications you could possibly want.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• You Know
    You Know
    It is amazing that this defective viewpoint has survived into the 21st century, a time that can clearly be marked as the best time for humans in general in all of history, using any measure you can think of

The technology that has resulted in great gains for some segments of humanity has also given a relative handful of men the power to destroy the world. The 20th century has in fact made Armageddon inevitable. The world might think it's sitting pretty right now because you have all this neat stuff, but I guarantee you that if they start lobbing nukes around that all the progress that civilization has made in the recent century will be erased in an afternoon. / You Know

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Armageddon? Yep its possible that it could happen soon, then again its possible that it might wait another 1000 years. The bible tells us that even Jesus didnt know what time it was comming. so the way I see it, it isnt up to me or you to worry about it or even speculation about the time is foolish!
    You Know if you belive in what the bible says (and I believe you do) why not spend your time loving your god and loving your fellow man? If you concentrate on doing those things you will not have to be concerned if armageddon comes early or late because the bible states that those concerning themselves with those things will be under protection by god........................Jedd

• Valis
    Valis

If the end of the world comes, it won't be because of wack jobs prophesied it...we're very capable of destroying ourselves without any help from *unearthly* forces or prophecies...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• You Know
    You Know
    If the end of the world comes, it won't be because of wack jobs prophesied it

Valis: If that's your actual photo, who are you calling a "wack job"? LOL

Actually, Christ prophesied about Armageddon, so I'll let you take that up with him. / You Know

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Actually, Christ prophesied about Armageddon, so I'll let you take that up with him

Actually, Christ never mentioned Armageddon directly. He did speak of a "great tribulation" that the Watchtower has seen fit to identify with Armageddon, but if we read what the Bible actually says about the two, it becomes evident that they are separate events, that the great tribulation is worldwide and occurs over a period of time, and that Armageddon is a specific battle that occurs at the time of Christ's visible return.

Or maybe I'm just being too picky here...

Tom

"At midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew go out and round up everyone who knows more than they do"
    --Bob Dylan
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"You Know" that Armageddon is a metaphysical event, don't you?

No rumble of any magnitude between The Jets and The Sharks will qualify. The eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera will not qualify. The collapse of the rupee will not qualify. The colorizing of Citizen Kane will not qualify.

Now, YouKnow you can run around and tell everyone that the reason McDonald's left out my order of fries when I went thru the drive thru was because of Jehovah-Daddy, but no one will believe you.

Don't your masters teach that even boneheads like me will conclude that the invisible digit of Jah is moving things? If that's the case, I don't need to have YouKnow wwho harping on this all the time, DO I?

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit