Jehovah's Witnesses What Can We Do To Help Our Elders

by BlindersOff1 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Those of us that served as elders for years can tell you.....that if you do truly care......it will destroy your health...mentally, physically and emotionally

There is a reason many 'brothers' are quitting and not reaching out

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I mean the Elders to deluded to ever wake up .

I have no intension to denigrate any of the elders on this board .

I have a close family member who is a elder (one of many) who has a very high IQ but has no

Credentials

Higher education

Training

He makes a very good living but has problems relating to the average person in real life.

I also personally know elders who are way to young in life experience or are just plain company men idiots.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

1. Stop calling them after 7:00 PM!

2. No phone calls during work hours or before 9:00 AM.

3. Offer to pay for gasoline once a year, at the least pleazzzz.

4. Gift cards to Oliver Garden or Red Lobster get old, try a nice steak house.

5. Pay for the dry cleaning bill, we loan them out to Kingdom Halls on Sundays, give them the money to get their suits dry cleaned.

6. Don't make the elders be forced to take the Circuit Overseers out to dinner, this get's old at the Circuit and District Conventions. Why are elders stuck picking the the tab of men who are not afraid to order big! $460.00 was the dinner bill for seven people! They ordered like it was the end of the world, and we got stuck using our credit card. $460.00 for six people eating dinner, no wonder the rank and file avoid offering these endless money pits anything. What part of $15-$25 a drink might cause you to think "Why should Aunt Connie and her Husband sell their souls into financial bondage to pay for our drinks, and meals? We have the appetizers of "Oyster Shooters, Butter flied shrimp and stuffed French Truffles!" I am starting to go Postal thinking of the way we were raided and pillage like the German Vandals left Rome!

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

The next Rant and Rave will deal with avoiding the costly mistakes of inviting Bethelites, Ciruit and District, Regional Leaders out to dinner. No need to take out a Second on your home.

There is no reason you should invite the raiders of Bethel out to dinner. I thought we learned our lesson until our new credit card came and my husband wanted to show off a "Diamond Credit Card", great idea? It is no different from flashing six, two pound T-bone steaks in the face of starving Lions. We were Morons! "Let's see how far we can max out this credit card at dinner!" Stupid Husband!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have to admit, those six points are good advice, AuntConnie. I think a lot of elders feel like everyone's taking and no one's giving. Just because we don't believe they have the truth, it doesn't mean we shouldn't empathize with the sincere ones who are just trying to do what's expected of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit