My Jw mother hates me and always has

by 20yearfader 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

I just need to vent,you see i was a born in.It's taken me 20 years after fading from the org to finally get my mind free from the wt dogma.I was on the phone with my aunt today and the subject of my mother her older sister came up.Now mind you i haven't spoken to my mother in a month or so after my daughter stayed the weekend at her house and she was being tag teamed about the hall and how i took a vow to jehovah and i'm a failure and i'll be destroyed at armagedon.This exchange upset my daughter so much that she was near the point of tears when she returned home and she hasnt spoken to my mother or father since.Anyway back to the conversation with my aunt,she let it slip that my mother told her that she wished she had let the seamen that fertilized the egg that produced me had slid down her legnno bear in mind i can remember as a child running into her room playing and she would say to me as a 7 year old child "I wished i had left you in oblivion"This is one of many such saying my mother had for me......I wasn't a bad child i just wasn't allowed to do anything such as going outside going over a friends house....etc,I have struggled for years as to why this woman hates me so.I got baptized at 15 really as a way of pleasing them what the hell does a child know at 15???Granted it took me some time to get myself together and put those hurtful comments in the past,but today when my aunt let it slip about what my mother has said about me it was like pulling a scap off of a wound.My wife always complains about how im emotionless and distance,this was done by me as a way of protecting myself.So i've decided and i hate to say this that my christian god fearing parents...are dead to me there is no way i can have a relationship with people that are so wicked and since she never wanted me anyway....it works out for the best thx i just needed to vent i felt like i was going to pop.

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry to hear about her attitude.

I would recommend that you get some therapy to help you deal with all of that so that you are able to build a healthy future that isn't dominated by those negatives.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ouch! That's so painful to read. I can't begin to imagine how painful that would be to live and hear.

Don't let that poison your relationships going forward. Get counselling if you need it. Of course, it's really your parents that need the counselling, but in WTland, we know they won't get it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have a mother whose love instinct is impaired. I raged against her loveless self for many years until I reconciled that she couldn't be the mother I wanted. Emotionally, I held a "funeral" for her. Now, I can relate to her the way she is, more like an acquaintance, and my heart is protected. I love my two children and they know there is no limits how far I would go to make sure they have a strong, independent life. So it is possible to rise above your past.

People who "hate" the innocent hate themselves. Never you mind it any more.

Why don't you, your daughter and your wife adopt an elderly person at a local nursing home?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Your mother is mentally ill, there is nothing wrong with you, ok! Get that through your head please, nothing is wrong with you! Parents from that time were a different sort, few people listened to the doctor Spocks and a lie was spread throughout the US about fake families like "Father Knows Best", "Happy Days", "Leave It To Beaver" "Mayberry" they created a vacuum in our culture.

I wonder how many people had fathers who solved any problem like "The Brady Bunch" or any topic was approachable "Facts Of Life", "Cosby". Your mother is twisted and warped, the religion exacerbates it even more so. Instead of healing and bandaging a wound, it pours salt, vinegar and red pepper in our deepest wounds and causes other witnesses to keep burried even more insideous wounds at the cost of keeping the organization clean of media reproach.

• l p
    l p

i sent you a PM

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Parents don’t necessarily have children because they love them; there are many other reasons, so sometimes parents aren’t much good and should be avoided. A good book to read is ‘Toxic Parents’ by Susan Forward- a good introduction to healing the hurt parents can inflict.

• zeb
    zeb

She is a charmer. I can imagine her as a patient in an aged home..

Its her loss not yours.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sad indeed, however the division between parents and children sometimes is the big chasm between evil and good.

If you mother is genuinely evil, and she is being true to herself, there is little or nothing any man or even God can do.

Morgan Scott Peck defined evil as "militantly ignorant" and characterised evil as "malignantly self-righteous". I have come to conclude that religion was designed to breed these very characteristics, and/or attract these very persons.

• gorgia
    gorgia

20YearFader,

I'm sorry about your mother. I thought jgnat's reply to you was lovely and very sensible; I hope it gave you a little comfort.

It seems you have worked very hard and patiently to come to a certain acceptance of how your mother conducts her life - please keep it up, your strength will inspire others - & I'm sure there are plenty of them out there - grown-up now, but, like us, still affected by parents who were stultified, numbed, emotionally crippled, by the jw cult.

gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit