Just had a shep visit

by Captain Obvious 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

They just left. We had a nice "encouraging" chat about my inactivity. They went through the usual guilt routine, that didnt seem to work so they turned to fear. Thee big A if JU

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

nice .. never let'em see you sweat!! LOL

I'll take my chances is what I always say to that one..

• nugget
    nugget

at least you didn't get the instant death questions such as; "Do you believe the GB is god's representative on Earth?"

• Fernando
    Fernando

Yup the Watchtower also does fear and guilt, just not in the hellfire format, but in the big A format.

This is opposite to the magnanimous and generous "unabridged gospel" message whereby ordinary folk are given free gifts such as an imputed right and clean standing with God by "unmerited favour" (not earned, deserved or paid for).

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

DAMMIT stupid ipad keyboard.

The big A is JUST around the corner, you're in or youre out routine. I just said I've taken a step back re-evlauate my spirituality, I hate service, etc. nothing too revealing. I'm trying REALLY HARD not to raise any eyebrows while I fade. Thats th only reason I agreed to meet with them. Theyre just doing their job, and showing their concern. The one guy was trying really hard to relate to me, while the other one was getting frustrated that i wouldnt see things his way.

I wanted so badly to bring up how there is no reason for me to preach. When he tried to say that not going in service made me blood guilty I said; "thats a bit of a stretch, dont you think?" All in all, IMO its just best to nod and play along. They had good intentions, and honestly I do appreciate them trying. Now that thats over, hopefully they'll be off my case for while.

My wife was crying the whole time, she usually never cries. I guess it didn't help that I "came out" to her last night about my disbelief in all things supernaural. She took that hard, really hard. I just tried my best to at least help her understand why. I explained a small list of items that I am unable to reconcile with the bible. She of course has never considered

More on that gem of a story lter, I'd better go clean up a bit. We're having a house full of JW's coming over tonight.

PS don't buy an iPad bluetooth keyboard if you have big mitts like me. Sorry for the pooor typing.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wow sounds tough

• steve2
    steve2
    Yup the Watchtower also does fear and guilt, just not in the hellfire format, but in the big A format.

Better still, the Watchtower specializes in FOG: Fear, Obligation and Guilt.

Once you realize what the Watchtower does, you're always a few steps ahead of the elders with their FOG-mindset shepherding visits.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Found Sheep, You are having way too much fun posting pictures of you enjoying life on a beach!! LOL

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tiki
    tiki

stick to your guns....don't let them overwhelm you - they really have no authority over anyone in the grand scheme of things.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The one guy was trying really hard to relate to me, while the other one was getting frustrated that i wouldnt see things his way.

I agree that there is some good elders that genuinely care but the bottom line is their first priority is to "protect the congregation spirituality" and if they think you can be a poisonous influence to the other members of the congregation their first priority is the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit