Birthdays & Christmas

by Rattigan350 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's another excuse to eat cake... among other things. Bring it on!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't criticize people for not celebrating their own birthdays. I don't understand it, but to each, his own.

I criticize people for preventing their children from being normal.

I criticize people for preventing their children from learning social skills (giving and receiving, sharing, taking turns being the center of attention, being a gracious host), celebrating for its own sake (to be happy, life's short!), and for criticizing others for doing so.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

what wrong with celebrating?? it's fun and as we all KNOW

• happy@last
    happy@last

My kids were trained to give the response : "I don't miss out, I get presents all year" (which they do)

Last year I asked them seperately how do they really feel about it now I'm no longer a practising a JW, both said they'd like to have birthdays and Christmas, so guess what? They did, and love it.

• steve2
    steve2

Rattigan350, you've got it the wrong way around:

It is the JWs who have criticized the practice of celebrating birthdays and Christmas. You must know that, if you criticize anything, judge others for doing it and made an issue out of it, that sooner or later others will criticize your criticism.

What's hard to understand about that?

• caliber
    caliber

Therefore, let no one judge you in matters of food and drink or with respect to a festival, a New Moon, or Sabbath days~~ Col. 2:16

Romans 14:4-10:"4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make

him stand. 5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He

who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord

he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.

Do you think the GB will ever acknowledge that each one should decide... let no one judge you ~~Col. says

If all are to believe the same, practice the same then why this statement ? one person holds one day as above another, to another every day alike

What is the deal with people criticizing JWs because they don't celebrate birthdays or Christmas?

What is the deal with the WT having articles condemning Christmas most every year ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    What is the deal with people criticizing JWs because they don't celebrate birthdays or Christmas?..(and I thought it was a free country)

Try this..

What is the deal with JW`s criticizing People because they celebrate birthdays or Christmas?..

(and I thought it was a free country)

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Pterist
    Pterist

Apparently it's ok to celebrate the birthdate of the Watchtower org, calling it a 100 years anniversary is still self serving !

• Ding
    Ding

Don't celebrate your birthday...

... just celebrate the anniversary of your birth...

• ingimar
    ingimar

you celebrate wedding anniversaries because 50% end up in divorce, well then we should all celebrate birthdays because 100% end up in death!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit