my elderly JW dad--continued

by bigmac 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

some readers may recall a thread about my old dad coming to live with me.

after a short time he had to be hospitalised--and now he is in a care home. ive taken over all his financial affairs--including selling his house.

ive been clearing out the house--and--needless to say--came across tons of wt books--years of old magazines--1000's of them--plus bound volumes going back to the year dot. i asked him what he wanted me to do with them--and he said dispose of them!

which i have--of course. several visits to the dump. i loved every minute.

but--just the other day i came across a large cardboard box full of envelopes--all carefully written up and filed--congregation records--accounts--all sorts--going back years!!

these all ended up in the dump too----now--did i do the right thing?

i cant help feeling i wont be going to heaven

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I would have put the books on ebay. Congragation records? I'm too curious and would have gone through them

• Fernando
    Fernando

Atlantis may wish to have put in a request or two beforehand I imagine...

• bigmac
    bigmac

a friend on here said about ebay----i would hate to think the books might have got into the wrong hands--and resulted in a new j-dub in the ranks.

frankly--the sight of any wt publication makes me angry--bitter memories of lives ive known being ruined.

• tiki
    tiki

dammm - i would've scoured the records!! could have been very interesting!! but seriously - the dump works....unless older publications have antique value, which I highly doubt!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

if it brings closure, then I think u did what was best

• JWOP
    JWOP

I'm wondering how much personal information was in those congregational records. Perhaps they should have been shredded first?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I dumped my whole library in the dumpster...selling them on e-bay wasn't an option...50 years of peddling these worthless books was enough for me. In the wrong hands these books could turn a pefectly normal person into a brainwashed JW!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

That's the first thing I got rid of in my mother's house were all those bound volumes, straight to the trash

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My only reservation in trashing my library was having original publications to fact check. But in reality, it doesn't matter. When we move to our new place I may leave it all for the people picking up our leftover furniture and other trash to dispose of them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit