Carrie Brownstein of Portlandia is THE Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney!

by A.M. Number 1 4 Replies latest jw friends

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Wow! I just was turned on to Portlandia yesterday and I've watched everything youtube has on them. AND I just found out who Carrie Brownstein is. She is THE Carrie Brownstein, lead guitarist of the great Grunge / punk band Sleater-Kinney, one of my favorite all time indie bands. My brother and I even did a cover of their song "Words and Guitar," when we were playing together. Plus Fred Armisen of Saturday Night Live was the drummer for Trenchmouth, the punk band. Who knew? So cool I think.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

She is performing now in Wild Flag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZ1Ytg9cKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25zB3lJqgY

That's also Janet Weiss from Sleater-Kinney, and Mary Timony (from Helium) too!

I love Portlandia.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Brilliant! Really fresh......

• Dagney
    Dagney

Love her.

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

God Leo, is there anything you are NOT an expert in? I mean, I didn't exactly expect YOU to post on a thread about indie bands from the 1990s. You must have attended college in the 90s or early 2000s to even have heard of Sleater-Kinney. As I remember I think you are studying Biblical Anthropology or something? anyway, glad to hear you are a fan of Indie bands. Let me throw some other bands at you:

Holiday

Holiday Flyer

Of Montreal

Magnetic Fields

Magick Heads

The Poppoets (crossing my fingers)

Letters From The Void (double crossing my fingers)

Mogwai

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Tullycraft

Le Tigre

Lisa Marr Experience

Tsunami

Olivia Tremmor Control

Neutral Milk Hotel

Apples In Stereo

Cub

you get the picture.. I'm sold out for Indie..

Oh, and it remoinds me, Yo La Tengo just played at the Fingerprints near my home last week, bt I missed it. I saw them at a festival once

and they were very cool...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit